Stuck downloading

Bzam

Nov 4, 2011
I am a new guy with this tablet and have been working up the learning curve before showing it to my wife for her use.

I am downloading some apps and it hung with a couple. Others have downloaded yesterday, but now its just goes on for hours.

How can I stop a downloading?

Bzam

Nov 4, 2011
This is only from the Firefox browser I installed so need to get rid of this browser. How do I uninstall something?
Also, I am organizing my home screens and how to I move icons from one to another of the 5 screens?

Bzam

Nov 4, 2011
I managed to remove that Firefox browser, Nightly, and the sucker is still spinning away downloading Friendseeker and three other....... Its been two full days now. Don't know how to break cycle. On post for other Tablets said to hold down the power key for 10 seconds or more and it will go though a reset. That did not work on this Sony. I have disconnected from wifi and when I reconnect it starts spinning away again.

DatsHim

Nov 3, 2011
Are you downloading from the market or some other site

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Bzam

Nov 4, 2011
Both, but I had a cue of 7 things backed up downloading. Spent some time on Sony chat help and they tried a few things that did not work and then did a system complete update including tablet software and Android 3.2 . That broke the jam and all is OK now.