Stuttering Internet Radio On Coby 7015

Levy Pants

Apr 13, 2011
I got the Slacker radio app from the Amazon Appstore...50% of the songs seem to stutter at the beginning...I questioned their tech support about this and they told me that either the device or network connection is not able to keep up with the rate they stream...I have a 3/768 dsl connection with a wireless n router...I have not rooted the tablet because I got it for free via a promotion and I don't have a huge need for it at this time (unless I can use it as a internet radio that DOESN'T stutter)...Would rooting improve the performance in this area? Or is there anything I can do that is less intensive? Thanks for any info on this!

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Sounds more like a buffering issue to me. Does the app have an option to set the amount and do you have enough free memory on the Coby to support it?

Levy Pants

Apr 13, 2011
I haven't used the tablet much...I've got 2.72 GB total space and 2.51 available...I do not have an SD card...Slacker has an option only to change Mobile Network Audio Quality to "High" but my setting has remained on "Default"...The little buffering line on the bottom shoots all the way to the end rather quickly every time...As of this moment I have listened to 3 songs with no stutters, but it seems to come back with a vengeance every time!

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Seems to me a good app would have an option to set buffer size and where to put it. The app you're using may be using the space allocated to programs and that is a totally different story.

Levy Pants

Apr 13, 2011
Yes I suppose that's true...They said that the app is only supported on devices native to the android market...which I guess I could have access to if I rooted it. But maybe I will just hold out hope that an internet radio app that is a bit more compatible with my device will pop up on the Amazon store eventually.