Successfully Rooted my Tablet, What's Next??

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Okay, last night, I succesfully rooted my A500 Tablet but I cannot continue on the installation of Taboonay 2.0.

I don't know if I missed something on the procedure. I just followed from the instructions step-by-step as stated from Androonay Website, here:

Root your Iconia Tab

Download the APK file here.

How to root
1. Goto Settings->Applications and enable "Unkown sources"
2. Download the attached APK file
3. Copy the file to your Iconia
4. Install the APK & start the tool
5. Click "root"
6. Enjoy :) <------ Success!

Install Taboonay on your Iconia Tab
The ROM
CWM Recovery

Download the last ROM version<----DL'd and put on External SD
Put the zip file on your external SD.
Reboot in recovery. (Power of the tablet and power on with Power / Vol+)
Choose "install zip from sdcard". <---This didn't happen after booting.
Select the correct file (Taboonay-x.x.zip)
Confirm with "Yes".
Wait until flash process finished.
When done, reboot and enjoy the ROM.

Did the above instructions, nothing happen, but instead after rebooting, I saw some text on startup and after that, an Android Icon with gear inside appears then it went dead (image turns into an Android with an exclamation point and stays there).

What seems to be the problem?:confused:

Please need assistance.

Thanks.

Babuger

Aug 9, 2011
You can download root checker and see if you have rooted your tablet.There is difference in rooting if your version is above 3.1 I think you need another prlobram.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
You can download root checker and see if you have rooted your tablet.There is difference in rooting if your version is above 3.1 I think you need another prlobram.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

The program I already installed tells me that my Tablet was already rooted and still my cersion is 3.1.

But still cannot update or install Taboonay 2.0

Trying to figure out what I might missed during the stage process for installing Taboonay.

HD87

May 14, 2011
The program I already installed tells me that my Tablet was already rooted and still my cersion is 3.1.

But still cannot update or install Taboonay 2.0

Trying to figure out what I might missed during the stage process for installing Taboonay.
Download Acer Recovery Installer from the Market, flash ClockWorkmod recovery then reboot into recovery.
Watch this

I'm surprised you didn't brick your tablet..

Last edited by a moderator:

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Download Acer Recovery Installer from the Market, flash ClockWorkmod recovery then reboot into recovery.
...I'm surprised you didn't brick your tablet..

Almost, maybe already did ;). Well with your help from this post, I managed to recover my tablet again.

Since I cannot view the video above, is there any possible I can get the CWM file without going to the market?
I have some difficulties of downloading applications from there it's because our connection here (Algeria) was limited or our IT's made some restrcitions that's why I'm having some troubles with my Tablet.

Anyways, already have the latest Taboonay 2.0 and the only file I needed is that CWM so I can continue the process and maybe the reason I've bricked my tablet is I don't have that file yet.

BTW, I have installed ROM_Manager_Premium_v4.4.0.6.apk to my unit but it seems I cannot find the right ClockWord on the list, how can I flash it? Which device am I going to choose?:confused:

Could you give directions or link(s) where can I download Acer Recovery without going to the 'market'? Also, if I have the wromg ROM Manager, give link as well.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited: