Synrgic Dreambook W7

kopeland

May 4, 2011
Hey guys, I just tried a bluetooth headset on my Dreambook for use with voice calls. I was able to connect it successfully, however during a call, the headset is very noisy. The noise is like some signal is interfering with it. It like the sound that you hear from a speaker if you are using your mobile phone near it. Have you guys encountered this? any solution? are yours quiet? I know it's not a problem with the headset because I tried using it with other phones and it was quiet as it should be.

TIA

poulsej

Jun 5, 2011
Well.... my Nightmarebook finally went back to Hong Kong last week after the seller agreed to refund !!!!!! So all in, the HellBook experience cost me about 28GBP and I won't be buying Synrgic products ever again even if they survive the year.

This is yet another example of a typical Chinese Tablet released to market long before it is ready. I fail to understand why any manufacturer would produce a tablet with a faulty gps module and then add to this with a totally non-functional radio and firmware for wifi and 3G which clearly has faults.

If firmware is ever produced which makes this device work, or if Synrgic ever actually produce Android 2.3 for it........ I'll eat my own shoes.

Anyway, now this depressing chapter is over (for me at least) perhaps we can look forward to the 7inch Huawei Mediapad which is due to launch any time soon. It appears to be everything this device should have been but dualcore and faster.......... and hopefully it will work !!!!!

Good luck with the firmware :rolleyes:

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Well.... my Nightmarebook finally went back to Hong Kong last week after the seller agreed to refund !!!!!! So all in, the HellBook experience cost me about 28GBP and I won't be buying Synrgic products ever again even if they survive the year.

This is yet another example of a typical Chinese Tablet released to market long before it is ready. I fail to understand why any manufacturer would produce a tablet with a faulty gps module and then add to this with a totally non-functional radio and firmware for wifi and 3G which clearly has faults.

If firmware is ever produced which makes this device work, or if Synrgic ever actually produce Android 2.3 for it........ I'll eat my own shoes.

Anyway, now this depressing chapter is over (for me at least) perhaps we can look forward to the 7inch Huawei Mediapad which is due to launch any time soon. It appears to be everything this device should have been but dualcore and faster.......... and hopefully it will work !!!!!

Good luck with the firmware :rolleyes:

I understand, and mine is also early retired... I went back to my Moto Milestone 1 which is much smaller but gives a much better experience. Now I'll wait for custom roms for this tablet, if they ever appear. If Synrgic were smart, they would release the bootloader key and developent tools for the community, and hope for a much better firmware and frequent updates developed by enthusiasts. How come a tablet with such good hardware could have this bad software!?

myzter

Apr 3, 2011
I had such high hopes for this device.. Iam glad my original W7 purchase got cancelled... If anyone is still looking for a 7" tablet right now you have two options... The Acer Iconia A100 goes for about $350... although no 3G.. the other 7" with very similar specs to the Dreambook W7 is the Magictab M1, the M1 has a better processor that can run higher versions of Android OS past 2.2/2.3..

Erlander

May 30, 2011
I've been to their web site several times in the last week including just now.

It is not down and hasn't been!

myzter

Apr 3, 2011
I too noticed that synrgic.com mid last week, the homepage was offline then a couple days ago the main page just says... " It works! ".. seems like another server issue..

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
This is just weird. If you enter "synrgic.com", it goes to the "It works!" empty page. If you enter www.synrgic.com, it goes to the real page. Scared me too some weeks ago, I posted here and deleted, as the real page was still there.

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
Hi All,

Just to let you know, we "should" see Android 2.3 available in 1-2 weeks for the Dreambook!

Synrgic have been working hard to make this available which is why i guess there has been a lack of any recent firmware updates.

-GFZ

Diskus

Mar 8, 2011
wow, really? Hope synrgic develops it out early....
It is indeed the time to make some updates. Tablets upgraded to android 2.3 are common in the market now..
Synrgic, please not fall behind.

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Hi All,

Just to let you know, we "should" see Android 2.3 available in 1-2 weeks for the Dreambook!

Synrgic have been working hard to make this available which is why i guess there has been a lack of any recent firmware updates.

-GFZ

Long time no read from you! Let's hope all small-but-annoying issues will be gone on next update.
I won't even ask where you do get "privileged" information, but do you know if there's any chance of getting an unlocked bootloader from Synrgic, or perhaps a source code used?