Synrgic Dreambook W7

Dreambook

May 10, 2011
Still do not have a clue if I have 104 or 105 (Have flashed with both for V25, and both works) so I can not look in Settings->Device->About

It just says what I did flash with the last time.

How do I tell (104 = 800 Mhz and 105 = 1,0 Ghz or ?????)

Silas

May 27, 2011
Hi friens, My dreambook is updated!!! Im testing now because update process have error in 99% but device star in android 2.3! I will make tutorial for us. Need windows xp and i test in my HD105. I found in google the drivers for this device. if any people need, i can sent. Tks

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Next weekend I wil try to update my dreambook to 2.3 with an old PC with XP.
Where do you found the drivers? Can you write a summary of how you do? Have you clean first anything on the device?
Thanks to share.

Silas

May 27, 2011
I'm checking now some news

- The machine is faster and smoother browsing
- Now you can watch the SD card as SDCARD. No more in extsd
- Battery lasts much longer
- 3g \ phone is much more stable. No longer hangs.
- Now I can receive SMS!

- I could not be located by gmaps connected to wifi
- I am now installing gps aurea soon pass the result
- I am testing bluetooth
- FM Radio does not exist in this version.

I am writing a tutorial on how to update and will post here soon.

* Is a new device! Who sold will be sorry!

Silas

May 27, 2011
$100_0991.jpg$100_0992.JPG

Bad photos about system (portuguese version)

maxsim

May 10, 2011
Just upgraded to the 2.3 firmware for Dreambook.

Not for the faint hearted and i nearly lost my dreambook.

Things to remember:
1) Do not execute MFGTOOL from SD Card or USB Drive. Copy them to the HARDDISK.
2) SOmetime, MFGTOOL just shutdown half way and there is a penguine on the top left corner of your Dreambook. Even when u remove the USB cable from Dreambook, it just hang there.
I have to press the reset button to switch off the set.

You will not be able to power up anymore.
You will have to connect straight to your PC again and your PC will recognise it as a IMX515 device.

Then try to reflash again. If it doesn't go through, try other port.

After upgrade:
1) The screen resolution seems to drop to 800x480 as everything on W7 seems bigger, even the font, i do not know is 2.3.3 suppose to be like that. Just look not normal.
But when i do a check using DEV TOOLS, the resolution is 1024x600.

2) WIFI cannot function.

Will flash back to 2.2 if it still remains this way.

3) RADIO gone...

Last word as they said this is a beta version ... so what can we do...
Wait....

maxsim

May 10, 2011
Hi Silas,,

Does your WIFI works??
After upgrading to 2.3.3 the WIFI doesnt seem to connect or detect any WIFI. But when i set it as HOTSPOT, my laptop is able to locate the SSID.

Wierd.

Hi friens, My dreambook is updated!!! Im testing now because update process have error in 99% but device star in android 2.3! I will make tutorial for us. Need windows xp and i test in my HD105. I found in google the drivers for this device. if any people need, i can sent. Tks

maxsim

May 10, 2011
Ok ok yeah yeah ,,
I think i solve the WIFI problem.
You need to switch WIFI POLICY TO NEVER.
To access WIFI Policy, go to wifi -> wifi settings and press MENU.

Let me monitor and see how it goes.

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
I'm checking now some news

- The machine is faster and smoother browsing
- Now you can watch the SD card as SDCARD. No more in extsd
- Battery lasts much longer
- 3g \ phone is much more stable. No longer hangs.
- Now I can receive SMS!

- I could not be located by gmaps connected to wifi
- I am now installing gps aurea soon pass the result
- I am testing bluetooth
- FM Radio does not exist in this version.

I am writing a tutorial on how to update and will post here soon.

* Is a new device! Who sold will be sorry!

Silas,

You are very brave! This firmware is very beta and still in testing but we should expect an official release soon.
Other than that it is good to hear there are already some improvements on this beta fw such as battery life, responsiveness, better 3G and recieving sms problem resolved etc...

Thank you for the update.

Last edited:

Silas

May 27, 2011
Silas,

You are very brave! This firmware is very beta and still in testing but we should expect an official release soon.
Other than that it is good to hear there are already some improvements on this beta fw such as battery life, responsiveness, better 3G and recieving sms problem resolved etc...

Thank you for the update.

This beta is better than before but

- i cannot use mouse with USB host OTG. usb mouse not show in display. keyboard is ok. Pendrive is ok

- HDMI Not work yet
- sometimes call no sound

...And the rest is all better! than 2.2

Wifi is ok!

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
I have planed to upgrade my new Dreambook tonight, but my old Windows XP PC only have USB1.1 ports, and the documentation for mfg tools say that you need USB 2.0 ports. Have you used USB 2.0 or USB1.1 ports?
Have you made anything in your devices just before upgrade, or just plug in by USB, and power on? (of course after install drivers)

Tim_t

Jul 16, 2011
Hi all,

I've a big problem with my Dreambook, I tried to flash my Dreambook to 2.3 with the MfG Tool, but something went wrong.
The Android tablet shows the Android boot logo and not more. I don't get the recovery or flash menu :-( If I connect it to a PC, it shows me an "ADB device", but
the drivers in the MFG-tool doesn't support it. Can anybody help me? Is here German speaking user?

Thanks a lot!
b.r. Tim

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Hi all,

I've a big problem with my Dreambook, I tried to flash my Dreambook to 2.3 with the MfG Tool, but something went wrong.
The Android tablet shows the Android boot logo and not more. I don't get the recovery or flash menu :-( If I connect it to a PC, it shows me an "ADB device", but
the drivers in the MFG-tool doesn't support it. Can anybody help me? Is here German speaking user?

Thanks a lot!
b.r. Tim

Have you tried with a Windows XP machine, or with other operating system (Vista, Seven) ?

The upgrade complete successfully or have stoped at some point?

Last edited:

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
After upgrade:
1) The screen resolution seems to drop to 800x480 as everything on W7 seems bigger, even the font, i do not know is 2.3.3 suppose to be like that. Just look not normal.
But when i do a check using DEV TOOLS, the resolution is 1024x600.

I took the leap of faith too.
After wiping for mfg, rebooting and connecting to my PC, my computer (with windows 7) tabled appeared as SE Blank ELVIS in my windows Device Manager.
I right-clicked the device and chose Update Driver.
Then I pointed to the folder where the drive is (note: one folder before i386).
Opened mfgtool from computer, as maxsim instructed.
Went to Configuration/USB Ports and chose the one showing Freescale IM515, etc.
Clicked the green button.
In my computer, after ~4:20 the mfgtool showed an error message, but I disconnected from PC and powered up to 2.3.3, as Silas described. I didn't have a heart attack when windows did not recognize the tablet, but almost had one when the bootsplash from hell played guitar chords very loud.
Enabled wifi as maxsim explained.

The screen is still 1024x600, but the fonts are all bigger. I've already tried the Spare Parts/font size, but it didn't help much. Anyway, I need to confess that I prefer the bigger buttons...
Google Maps still goes to 0,0, or somewhere in Nigerian coast. Almost tricked me, as when I started google maps, it went above my city and then to 0,0.
Screen seems a bit more responsive, but I need to check again with more apps installed and running on background.
Battery indicator keeps going up and down.

A few bad things:
The red led never goes off (I guess thsi always happens when using a HD105 software on a HD104 tablet. Other than this, tablet seems to work at normal speed).
Google Sky Map still messed: horizont is vertical and with no relation with tablet direction.
Accelerometer still shaky - try playing Atilt to see what I mean.

Since this is not my primary phone anymore, I'll keep this firmware until next update. This is better than 2.2; let's hope next will be even better than it is right now.