Tablet can't see wifi

leighn

Apr 29, 2016
I've been looking online for a solution, but nothing I do works. My tablet can see other wifi networks, but not my network. I took the tablet to a friend's place, and it also didn't see her network, although it saw other nearby networks. I know my network is working, as I have both a phone and laptop connected to it.

Unfortunately, I can't access my router webpage. I am in China and my wifi was set up by some people who don't speak English. I can't communicate my problem, and I don't know my router page. Even if I could access it, it would be in Chinese and I couldn't read it.

Is there anything I can do on my tablet that could help this problem? I have tried manually adding the network, but I am guessing at the type of network, and so far nothing has worked.

Any suggestions would be very welcome! Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You're in a bit of a pickle not being able to read what's on the router. There could be several things going on including the router set up not to display the SSD. My best and only suggestion off hand would be to power down the router for a few minutes and power it back up and try again. Does your friend use the same Internet service?

Do you have any idea what channel the WiFi is on?

leighn

Apr 29, 2016
Welcome to the forum

You're in a bit of a pickle not being able to read what's on the router. There could be several things going on including the router set up not to display the SSD. My best and only suggestion off hand would be to power down the router for a few minutes and power it back up and try again. Does your friend use the same Internet service?

Do you have any idea what channel the WiFi is on?

I've powered down the router several times before. My friend also doesn't know what internet service she uses, since ours were both set up by different people for us. We both work for different schools, and they pay for the internet services.

The thing that confuses me most is that it worked fine for awhile with my tablet. For several weeks, I had no problem, at all. Although I don't know what channel my wifi is on, there is nothing that should have changed in the wifi itself between the time it was working and when it stopped working. I figured the problem was tablet based. I have a phone that runs android and it sees the network fine.

I figured it was a long shot asking for help, but worth a try.