Tablet search

318vert

Aug 12, 2010
Hi everyone.

Im looking for a android tablet to use as a car pc but i need certain things.

What the tablet will need is :
android 2.1 or above
wifi
gps
bluetooth
tv tuner
tv/video out
1ghz + processor
2gb+ with expansion

would be nice to have a custom android skin ratrher than standard android to make it easier to use in car. Also would be nice if it can have a source in so i can use it as a monitor.

Anyone know any tablets that do these things or if any are in production?

Long shot i know lol i just described the perfect tablet lol

318vert

Aug 12, 2010
I know mate thats why i put gps in my list lol

It would be nice to have an android tablet but looks like we will be waiting a while for all these functions to be added to them.

OR i could get a windows tablet which allows for everything i need already. but android is better lol

maddy_in65

Aug 9, 2010
I havent seen GPS on your wish list, For windows devices, you can try viliv s7, which has good review but it is costly than android devices.

Aug 31, 2010
Hi everyone.

Im looking for a android tablet to use as a car pc but i need certain things.

What the tablet will need is :
android 2.1 or above
wifi
gps
bluetooth
tv tuner
tv/video out
1ghz + processor
2gb+ with expansion

would be nice to have a custom android skin ratrher than standard android to make it easier to use in car. Also would be nice if it can have a source in so i can use it as a monitor.

Anyone know any tablets that do these things or if any are in production?

Long shot i know lol i just described the perfect tablet lol

The X6 has almost everything you want in its Windows CE rev, but not in its Android rev, for some reason Huashiguang cannot et the GPS working with Anroid 2.1. In my conversations with them they said that Android doesn't support GPS, which I pointed out was clearly wrong as there are GPS based apps for Android and HTC do it quite happily. Anyway it has GPS, it has bluetooth, no 3G as yet but I'm assured its on the horizon. 4GB internal flash, expandable with SD slot, uses the Telechips 8902 dual core, which is not quite 1gb but is 800mhz with a 600mhz DSP (if youwant 1GB you need the WITS a81, which is not 1gb but benchmarks quicker than an ARM9 based processor at 1gb).
X6 has 1080p HDMI out but no TV tuner or video input.

In short nothing has all you require but the X6 with Windows CE is the closest you will get at present I believe, unless the Dell Streak or Samsung Galaxy tab get closer but they are not readily available as yet.

318vert

Aug 12, 2010
Cheers androidtabletpcs

Are there any new tablets out since my post which anyone can recomend?

iamapirate

Oct 1, 2010
Have you seen the new Archos ones? They look like they fit quite a few of your requirements, and Archos have been known to do TV on their devices. I don't think it's been announced as having it, but you never know what all the features could be with all the plug-ins they release after the devices get released.

318vert

Aug 12, 2010
Ive had a look at rhe archos 70 but it dosnt seem to have GPS which i need if i am going to use it in my car.

GPS is a must have. tv tunner i can live with out

318vert

Aug 12, 2010
Is there any tablets out yet which match my spec?

Also can i use my htc desire as a gps bluetooth dongle and allow a tablet to be used as a sat nav?

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
Just found this Android - Looks promising. Seems to have everything - capacitive screen, gps, camera etc
(don't think it has tv)

ViewSonic ViewPad 7 Android tablet with 7 inch capacitive Touchscreen Hands-on at IFA 2010

This is the link on Youtube:

Let me know what you think.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

318vert

Aug 12, 2010
Yeah its a nice bit of kit but the slow processor and high-ish price are let downs

dragonfire

Oct 18, 2010
don't forget, even though the archos70 (and other tablets) doesn't have integated gps, why not use an external bluetooth gps receiver??? (price your saving on the archos70 vs some of the other upcoming models with integrated gps should pay the cost of the bluetooth gps receiver), plus if it's an external unit you should get better battery life out of your tablet vs one using integrated gps :)

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
External GPS. Good Point dragonfire. Ok - So which one would you recommend then? Haipad or Archos 70?

ljbcool

Oct 31, 2010
Yeah, the 7 inch i600 Tablet PC With Two Camera(1.3MP and 3MP) Built-in 3G Wifi Bluetooth 512MB Memory it's you need.. Cost $407.. 7 inch i600 Tablet PC With Two Camera(1.3MP and 3MP) Built-i...USD 368.36/Piece Wholesale Price at **********