Tablet Speed Question

corvairbob

Apr 11, 2015
i have 2 tablets
one is a xcody 5.1 with 1gb ram and 16gb drive space. according to the website

one is an npole nt101-1ps 6.0 that has 2gb ram and 32gb drive space in the internal according to the website

they both have tinycam monitor app for watching my cameras. and they both have the exact cameras loaded on thm. i have nothing else running on purpose so only what the tablet runs by itself. the nt101-1ps has an ultraocta-a83 processor the xcody has the quad core-a33

well i figured the nt101 because it hax 6.0 on t and what i thought was a faster processor and more space both in memory and drive that is would be faster.

well it is not faster as my cameras have lag in them showing on the nt101 and the xcody shows the video running smoothly. so is there anything i may be able to do to get the nt101 to show the video smoothly? i tried to get the xcody to show the video on the hdmi port to my tv but my tv will not acept that kind of information.

i don't know how to hook the tablets up to the network outside of the wifi, if anyone know how to do that please instruct me if you can. the nt101 has the usb port and the hdmi port. on the xcody i tried to hook up the usb port to the network with an adapter in the usb port and then to the network switch but the xcody ran slower that way. i will try with the nt101 maybe that will connect to the network switch. outside ot that anyone have some ideas? i have the wifi extender under the tablets and that is wired to the network switch so wifi only goes about 1 ft. but still the xcody is faster. thanks

corvairbob

Apr 11, 2015
so update on this. i hooked up the network adapter and the best i get for speed is 10mbps so tell me do they make 100 or 1000 mbps cat5 to usb adapters? if so maybe that will do the job better. currently it runs much faster on wifi at 12mbps and on the usb adapter it runs at 4 to 5 mbps