Tablet Suddenly Not Charging/Turning On

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition' started by dajordanator, Nov 15, 2015.

1. dajordanator

dajordanator Junior Member

I have had my tablet for several months now with no charging issues, drops, scratches, etc. Two nights ago i left the tablet running a youtube video at about 5% to go get a glass of water. when i came back the tablet was off, so i assumed it was dead and left it to charge overnight. Come morning and the tablet hadn't charged at all, and will no longer turn on or charge regardless of what cable im using to charge it. I still have the original charger that came with the tablet, and a few others that fit the tablet, but it doesn't respond to any of the cables. not sure what happened or why it just decided to stop working, but any suggestions or possible solutions are very much appreciated

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Welcome to the forum

Use the original cable to plug it into a running computer for at least 5 hours then long press the power button to see if anything happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dajordanator

I tried, and nothing happened. I'm guessing that the battery gave out simply because I had already had issues with the tablet holding a charge and when I tried fixing that issue nothing was allowing it to work at full capacity. Are there any reliable electronics shops that you know of where I can get this looked at, or potentially repaired?

4. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    You may want to check around where you live. If a place says they repair phones that also may be able to figure out what's wrong with a tablet. You also could call Samsung and see if you can send it in for repair.

5. dajordanator

Ok. Thank you for the advice! :)