The Galaxy Note is getting ICS

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
This is what we are going to get together with iCS.....whenever it will be !

Samsung Galaxy Note

Last edited by a moderator:

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
thats a pretty cool feature. not sure if using a notebook would actually be simpler than trying to take electronic notes

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
It's probably simpler but then you have to carry two things instead of one!:)

Samsung Galaxy Note

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi all,

Last week T Mobile UK released ICS for the Galaxy S2, my brother updated his I updated my sons using Samsung Kais (it was very easy / good program ) so I'm feeling a little left out ! Does anyone have any news on the Note ICS upgrade ?
My Note while supplied by T Mobile UK has no branding / t mobile splash screen / preinstalled t mobile aps & I discovered it was unlocked yesterday, so I'm wondering if I have a international version & if that will affect when I get a ICS upgrade, does anyone know how to tell if I have the international sim free version ?

Mark

ALittleBoy

Mar 23, 2012
Samsung FINALLY officially released ICS for the Note, it's available for Europe right now and is supposed to come to middle east "soon." I don't know about the USA..

By soon I really hope they mean in a couple days, or a week, at most. =/

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Guys & Gloria,

Its not available in the UK yet which is bloody annoying, I ve checked for over the air updates & via Kias but no joy so far !

Anyone here had the official update yet ?

Mark

Last edited:

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
If anyone want official update using dirty way (No rooting required)

Change your CSC Code to German and upgrade via KIES; this will also factory reset your phone.

*#272*IMEI# then change the CSC to DBT.
Phone will reset.
Change language to English (bottom right icon)
follow prompts to setup
Connect to KIES and the phone will update to ICS.
When your finished, you change the CSC code back to whatever you had before.

Original thread: here

Everything you do at your own risk! Don't jump to me if your phone go south!

ALittleBoy

Mar 23, 2012
Okay, I want the OFFICIAL ICS for the note. And preferably without rooting because I'm too afraid of the risk of ****ing everything up. So.. Any idea on how to install it on my note ? Assuming it even came out.. I'm in the middle east if you're wondering. And my Note is a GTN7000

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
the veersion i posted above is the official version but for the Si717, just leaked - it is not rooted. But if you are worried about the risk, wait for the samsung upgrade

Okay, I want the OFFICIAL ICS for the note. And preferably without rooting because I'm too afraid of the risk of ****ing everything up. So.. Any idea on how to install it on my note ? Assuming it even came out.. I'm in the middle east if you're wondering. And my Note is a GTN7000