The Question Remains: 7015A Update Beneficial?

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Lots of discussion about re-rooting and re-installing Market and Gapps after the 7015a update, but for those who have done so: is it worth the effort? Is there a noticable performance or reliability improvement over the -1 update?

Thanks, --Larry

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
yeah.. 1 wife, 2 kids, 1 job.

the official update isn't worth it. i'm almost ready to release an incremental update to my own ROM, which includes the updated apk's and system files from the 7015a update w/the boot.img from an earlier update. the changes made to mine were mainly taking out the apps that slow it down and adding a couple of mods per xaueious' suggestion. oh, and i fixed the su binary's permissions, too. should be ready by the end of the day (i know, i've said that before).

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Not sure if beneficiaries or dependents corelate w/ benefits, but then I don't understand quite all of Android either!

Thanks a lot - that analysis was pretty much my take from the long update thread, but I couldn't be sure. I am very certain all will look forward to your ROM update!

--Larry

code347

Feb 4, 2011
@l_n I am looking forward to your ROM. I have been going through and trying to delete the bloatware on the previous update, !nd was not looking forward to doing it again?
Is there a primer around somewhere that takes you through the steps to compile a ROM? Thanks ahead of vtime for your work.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
xda-developers and the ripping apart the zip and looking at the scripts are how i've been learning. btw, 5 mins. until a new upload will be ready :p