Think I'm bricked

tuffigirl

Dec 17, 2010
I also sent mines to Plano, Texas 10 bucks without insurance but with tracking hopefully by the time its its returned back a cooler froyo or even gingerbread port of cyanogenmod is in effect.

Everyone always wants something better instead of being happy that we actually got the 2.2 update. LOL I wouldn't worry about not buying insurance since it's worthless anyway. I ran an eBay store for a long time and when it came time that the postal service screwed up and I had to fall back on the insurance do you think they wanted to pay? Hell no.... it took 3 months of phone calls and jumping through hoops.

buzzman said:
Yeah- I pay one way. They pay to return it hopefully fixed or with a new unit. I have to say up till this point I really liked this tablet.
If I get it back in working order I'll continue to like it and mod it.

Hope it works out for you.... today's Wednesday so I'm hoping you'll post and let us know what happened. :)

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
it's now Friday- 1 full week since being shipped. I haven't been notified that they received anything. :(
Will keep you posted. In the meantime I have been trying to get my hands on the asus transformer so I can return my xoom. I have 2 from different sources on backorder. ;(

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
take 2! I just tried to post and the forum lost it!!!!!!!

It's been 10 days since shipping and just received my tablet back. It is a refurb replacement. I sent them a pristine mint condition tab and got back one with a filthy screen- not just prints but dirty. The back plate is all scratched up (I still had my plastic on my back cover.) And the chrome bezel is beat up. I'm disappointed not to get a new one back. But it works. It turns on to the original 2.1 firmware.
I kept the battery so now I have 2. And the stylus was found by me the day I sent it back. It was covered by velcro- held that back and got a second one. But they sent back my original usb cord ( I marked it) and probable the same power cord. Will try to load 2.2 tonite.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Wellkome back in action.
To bad to hear that they replaced yours with a refurb.
Who knows maybe this one it will work better.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks goodoane! My original was great till one fateful moment....At least they will fix or replace according to their warranty. So 2.2...here I come again!!!!!

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
From what I've seen

Pros:
Customer Service spoke Native Language
Warranty replacement approved by manufacturer
Received new replacement in under 14 business days (anything under 2 weeks is good imo)
Replacement was functional when received

Cons:
No ETA when sent in
Had to pay for shipping
No regular status updates
Replacement unit had cosmetic damage(s)

Is this a good summary? (I didn't take the unit being a refurbished one a con as I've never had a company replace a product with a brand new one after the store warranty ran out.)

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Yes- good summary. The screen cleaned up nicely with a wet lens cleaner. But it should have never been sent out like that. Pretty gross. I sent in one in pristine condition and got back an old, dirty beat up one. But it works.

tuffigirl

Dec 17, 2010
I have to say you're taking it better than I would have.... whenever I ship something out I always take dated pics to prove what kind of condition it left my hands in. I would have sent those off to Huawei with all kinds of threats and such and demanded they send me one equal to what I sent! LOL But I am glad you got it cleaned up and at least you have one with a screen that works. :) Hope you love 2.2 as much as I and I'm sure everyone else does!