To Root or not to Root, is that a question

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
I started this thread so my question would not get lost in the rooting thread and I bet 80% of the users have the same question.

As I have been able to load pretty much everything I need from GetJAR or 1Mobile, should I root my system or do I really need to. I understand that I can't get Google Apps without it but, as I will probably give this tablet to my daughter when I decide to buy the 10", does she really need to have access to the root? Sure, when ICS 4.0.x comes out I will want to upgrade...maybe. I just haven't seen a reason to yet. Then again, this is my first tablet and I still use a dumb phone so maybe I am missing something. Will rooting give me the ability to save to my SD, not a big issue for me right now. I am sure I am not alone with these questions. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have too.

I am not taking anything away from all the hard work Steev, RedDeer and all the Guinea Pigs have put forth so far. I know I will take advantage of their efforts someday. It's just when that I don't know. Looking forward to everyone's opinion.

Thanks
Don

Oh, will rooting get DOOM to work? If so, I so rooting tomorrow :D

Last edited: