Uninstalling or deleting a program...which?

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
After I have downloaded an app and it installs itself and I get an option to uninstall the app. What is the difference in uninstalling an app and deleting an app? Does deleting an app cause it to become uninstalled?

thedoc8

Jan 31, 2013
After I have downloaded an app and it installs itself and I get an option to uninstall the app. What is the difference in uninstalling an app and deleting an app? Does deleting an app cause it to become uninstalled?

After I install a app, their is the uninstall botton, If I don't like the program I will uninstall it and can reinstall using the orginal app. Just deleting the app, does not remove the install from the tabblet. If you delete the orginal app and uninstall you will not be able to reinstall unless you download the app again. I install the app and keep it for backup or if someone else want to install on there tabblet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011

You can't really delete an app. You can delete the shortcut but that doesn't uninstall it. If it was an app ypou installed from on-line, like the Google Store, go to the app drawer, (3 squares upper right of the screen) find the app and long press it. Drag it to the uninstall icon that appears at the top of the screen. It will be available for you to install again and will appear in the Stores list of available apps.

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
Thanks for your replies.

To find the apps drawer, what screen should I be in (do I find that apps drawer in the play store or some other screen)?
if I wanted to completely remove the app then what folder do I find the app in?
if I delete the shortcut and later want the shortcut back on the screen then do I need to uninstall and reinstall the app to get the shortback again.
if the app has created data when I have been using it then if I uninstall the app then will the data also be deleted, if not then is the data found in the same folder that has the app?
is there a way of saving everything on the tablets internal memory including data generated by apps?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
To find the apps drawer, what screen should I be in (do I find that apps drawer in the play store or some other screen)?

I'm assuming you read my previous post. The app drawer is where you will find ALL the apps by taping the icon in the upper right of the screen, any screen.

if I wanted to completely remove the app then what folder do I find the app in?

The previous answer from the previous post will do that.

if I delete the shortcut and later want the shortcut back on the screen then do I need to uninstall and reinstall the app to get the shortback again.

If all you did was to delete the shortcut and didn't uninstall the app you can go to the app drawer and a long press on the app will allow you to drag a shortcut back to the screen of your choice,

if the app has created data when I have been using it then if I uninstall the app then will the data also be deleted, if not then is the data found in the same folder that has the app?
is there a way of saving everything on the tablets internal memory including data generated by apps?

Multiple questions/answers. Uninstalling most apps also deletes the data. The data is typically NOT in the same folder as the app. Apps, unless you are rooted, are not accessible. Most of the data is sttored in the same place and other data isn't depend8ing on the app. With most tablets the only way to back up the contents is to root the tablet which prov9ides you with total system access then you would n3eed to install a backup app from the store, which typically require root access in order to work. However there is a thread here, if you'll so some searching, that explains how to do a total system backup without rooting but it does require some work.