Update/Bugfix for Coby Android 4.0.3

Elite

May 11, 2012
FYI:

I got a mail from Coby support and there they confirmed the are rolling out the update THIS WEEK for 4.0.3 to fix the main problems.
They did not give me a changelog, but is seems it addresses the WLAN and probably HDMI issues....
Also they did not mentioned the update path, if its OTA or again by an android application.

selpheed

Sep 15, 2011
FYI:

I got a mail from Coby support and there they confirmed the are rolling out the update THIS WEEK for 4.0.3 to fix the main problems.
They did not give me a changelog, but is seems it addresses the WLAN and probably HDMI issues....
Also they did not mentioned the update path, if its OTA or again by an android application.

Hi! there was the update? The notice you received is the coby U.S. or Germany?

Elite

May 11, 2012
Yes there was an update, as i wrote in the other thread the update was only available via the update.apk from the website.

Today somebody showed a screenshot with Carribean V10!
I made my initial update from Gingerbread to ICS (Carribean V2) and then the next update to V8.

So there is probably already a newer version, so i will retry the update.apk again :)

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Yes there was an update, as i wrote in the other thread the update was only available via the update.apk from the website.

Today somebody showed a screenshot with Carribean V10!
I made my initial update from Gingerbread to ICS (Carribean V2) and then the next update to V8.

So there is probably already a newer version, so i will retry the update.apk again :)
Is update.apk the same app as the one we used to upgrade to 4.03 from 2.3 and how do I know if I have the latest patch or not. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Elite

May 11, 2012
I analyzed the update.apk and it is just a multiclient update software. It just communicates to the FOTA server to register your current device/version/serial and download the most recent for your device.