Update Froyo

d00m

Aug 24, 2012
hello guys i got an andriod tablet with froyo installed i never used it so i don`t know much about it can you guys tell me how can i update the os of this tablet???

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hello d00m, as much information about the device as you can provide would be helpful. At least a name or processor type.

Not all devices are able to be updated from the Android they shipped with to the latest Android. The way Android works, is that each new version of Android has to be specifically made to run on certain hardware. If your device manufacturer didn't build an updated version of Android for your specific device you will not be able to update. Even then it would be unlikely that your device has an update to the latest Android. Most tablets running Froyo will never receive an update beyond Gingerbread if they even get that.

Your best hope for being able to update is if you have a certain hardware set that is supported by developers who make custom ROMs for it. If you are lucky and that is the case for your device you may be able to find a custom ROM all the way up through Jelly Bean but it really depends on the developer community for each device.

d00m

Aug 24, 2012
Hello d00m, as much information about the device as you can provide would be helpful. At least a name or processor type.

Not all devices are able to be updated from the Android they shipped with to the latest Android. The way Android works, is that each new version of Android has to be specifically made to run on certain hardware. If your device manufacturer didn't build an updated version of Android for your specific device you will not be able to update. Even then it would be unlikely that your device has an update to the latest Android. Most tablets running Froyo will never receive an update beyond Gingerbread if they even get that.

Your best hope for being able to update is if you have a certain hardware set that is supported by developers who make custom ROMs for it. If you are lucky and that is the case for your device you may be able to find a custom ROM all the way up through Jelly Bean but it really depends on the developer community for each device.

well can you please tell me where can i find this info??? even if not to latest version but anyother version will work and how can i install games n softwares in it from PC by rooting it

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It depends on your tablet. You shouldn't have to root it or install the latest Android to use it or install apps or games on it. Check the box and list any information you see on the box. Check the tablet and see if there is a name or number anywhere and then google that to see if you can get more information about it. Also go into Settings>About Device to see what is listed for device info.

If you have absolutely no information about your tablet other than it came with froyo installed, it is going to be pretty much impossible for anybody to help you.