Upgrade Flytouch 3 from 4gb or 8gb TO 16GB memory

scar0x

Sep 15, 2010
Did anyone managed to upgrade the FLytouch 3 internal memory from 8gb to 16gb? I did that & reflashed the firmware and now Market isnt working.

I get the error message saying: Sorry, there isnt enough memory to install this item.

after upgrade i can see "3.33 GB" availible and "10.3" gb in mypad icon

any ideas?

there is surley enough space there.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Did anyone managed to upgrade the FLytouch 3 internal memory from 8gb to 16gb? I did that & reflashed the firmware and now Market isnt working.

I get the error message saying: Sorry, there isnt enough memory to install this item.

after upgrade i can see "3.33 GB" availible and "10.3" gb in mypad icon

any ideas?

there is surley enough space there.

Upgrading the SD card's memory has nothing to do with "Market".

Do these procedures.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you're still missing apps in Market do the following:

- Connect at least once with Market & your account.
- Then go to settings => Applications => Manage Applications => All
- find Google Services Framework from the app list
- click on clear data + OK, then force stop
Reboot.
wait about 1 minute after you're back in.
Start Market again. (if it crashes, wait a bit and try again, it should go through ;) )

Then you should see more apps after that, like google maps, Skype & such.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
No it does have something to do with market. There is a market bug that does not like more than 2GB free on the internal SDCard. Your options are to either fill up your internal card to less than 2GB free or I think TCH's latest rom might take care of this.
I am sure there will be a market app update soon enough to resolve this you would hope.
Cheers
Here is notes from Tim:
APP2SD & increase space on the internal SD

Instead of app2sd, I was more working on a way to recover all the space for apps + data.
I've succeeded but there is currently a bug in Market that prevent it to work if you have more than 2.1GB of free space. (the partition size is not the issue)
With as much space as 7GB for the 8GB pads and 3+GB for the 4GB pads , app2sd seems useless to me..

So in the next version, I can either:

- offer an option to repartition to 2.1GB so that market doesn't barf, that would mean already 1.3GB more than currently for app space which should be enough for most I think ?

- offer an option to partition to the max size (3GB for the 4GB pad or 7GB for the 8GB pad) , if you have lots of apps to restore , you can then restore them and if after restauration you are under 2.1GB of free space you should be fine and market should work.

If you're still above 2.1GB of free space Market will barf,
My torturous mind have come up with another idea though:
additionally I could add a script that will take care of keeping the 3GB+ partition filled up with dummy files to get below the 2.1GB of free space.
(that takes quite some time to create 1GB of files though, it could be acceptable for the 4GB pads, but that would take even more on the 8GB pads, but you would only have to do that once)
Then if you install more stuff and go for example at 1.5GB of free space,
the script would delete some of the dummy files to get you back to right below 2.1GB and so on until there's no dummy files to delete ;)

So technically at one time you will alway stay below 2.1GB of free space in the settings panel, but knowing that you might have up to 5GB of dummy files that can be deleted quickly to get you more space. ;)
It's not optimal but that works and allows you to use all your space on the SD for apps and data. ;)
Until someone finds a way to fix Market I don't have another option.
Maybe try to uncompile Market and deactivate the buggy free space checking routine or something...

Last edited: