USB Host or Android Accessory

jnnewton

Apr 1, 2012
I can't seem to get my usb devices (one's i've made with microchip) to work on my ZT ICS (7" C71 I think) The model numbers are confusing ,but i think it's a ZT-280 as well? I have Android 4.0.3 and kernel 2.6.34. The devices / accessories can enumerate the tablet as a device (android accessory standard), or work as an hid / cdc / composite device, it doesn't really matter, but all i can get to enumerate is mass storage. These devices work flawlessly on Windows and linux. I have a couple of questions.

1. It seem that many apps are incompatible (including a demo that will do just what I want (supposedly). Would downgrading to a lower level android OS solve the issue or is ICS a hardware / firmware thing?

2. If that wouldn't help, will buying an older version of the tablet (ZT-180 I think) solve the app incompatibility issues (I don't eve know why they're incompatible, there's absolutely no information on play.google.com as to why they're incompatible, and ICS is just a guess from reading on this and other forums.

3. I see several roms for windows CE and linux, has anyone tried these with success on my tablet? I'm really only interested in the touch screen, the power on/off, usb (host / device would be a plus), and the market (so i can release new apps)

Please help me through this if you can, even bad suggestions are better than none.