USB Mass Storage Device for Sero 7 pro

taba

Sep 4, 2013
I have been trying to look for OTG drivers in android as I have tried all types of apks for OTG (USB OTG Helper, Stickmount, USB Mass Storage, USB Host Controller) and still can't read my flash disk... I have gone through some threads like [USB OTG] [03SEP13] [PATCH] Externally Powered USB OTG (Seeking Devs) - xda-developers or [KERNEL][ICS-CM9 or JVU] USB Host mode (OTG) driver for SGS i9000 [BUILD 5] - xda-developers and was wondering if i tried will they work with Sero 7 Pro.... Hoping someone can help me out....

taba

Sep 4, 2013
I have been trying to look for OTG drivers in android as I have tried all types of apks for OTG (USB OTG Helper, Stickmount, USB Mass Storage, USB Host Controller) and still can't read my flash disk... I have gone through some threads like [USB OTG] [03SEP13] [PATCH] Externally Powered USB OTG (Seeking Devs) - xda-developers or [KERNEL][ICS-CM9 or JVU] USB Host mode (OTG) driver for SGS i9000 [BUILD 5] - xda-developers and was wondering if i tried will they work with Sero 7 Pro.... Hoping someone can help me out....

I just realized that my thread title can be confusing, I apologize for that, I was wanting to get help on having to install OTG drivers into the tablet as it is missing it according to stickmount... Thank you!

syzmic

Sep 5, 2013
I have been using Nexus Media Importer. I am not rooted, so it works fairly well. It doesn't do everything however.

If you are rooted, Stickmount should (I think) do the job with no further help. At least it does for my Nexus 7.

taba

Sep 4, 2013
I have been using Nexus Media Importer. I am not rooted, so it works fairly well. It doesn't do everything however.

If you are rooted, Stickmount should (I think) do the job with no further help. At least it does for my Nexus 7.

If you see my first post, tried it with stickmount since i am rooted... I will try Nexus media importer but I have tried calling support last night and expecting Hisense to email me today if not will call them ask them about my case already...

syzmic

Sep 5, 2013
Fair enough. But you didn't specifically say you were rooted in your first post. You would be surprised how many people complain about StickMount not working, and they aren't even rooted. Sounds like you might have a defective tablet. Good luck

syzmic

Sep 5, 2013
OK, makes me wonder if something went wrong with the root procedure. Try THIS, and see what it tells you.

taba

Sep 4, 2013
I have rot checker and it say I am rooted... I have tried even the other software of chainfire which is USB diagnostic and it is not a problem with stickmount but with the tablet's ability to have a driver for mass storage devices in general which is not compiled into their kernel.... please see results below. Thank you! $Screenshot_2013-09-07-03-58-56.png

taba

Sep 4, 2013
Hello All,

I am sharing a response from hisense regarding USB mass storage and this won't be available at all with the sero 7 pro but lite is a different story..... so in short need to purchase Nexus Media Importer instead to have this working for your tablet...

R***** S******** <R*****.*@hisense-usa.com>
cleardot.gif
11:53 PM (42 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello Mr.Calero,
I am responding to your issues to the tablet. As far as connecting a flash disk with an OTG cable it is not going to be compatible with Sero 7 pro. That feature is available to for use on the Sero 7 lite but not Pro. We have every intention on releasing the kernel source for the tablet but at this moment it is not available.

R***** S*******
Hisense USA Corporation
P 888-935-8880
F: 678-349-0698
E: r******.* @hisense-usa.com www.hisense.com; www.hisense-usa.com

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, privileged, proprietary or otherwise protected by law.
The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of
it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************