USB Port Dead

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Just today my USB port seems to have died. My cable is good, I tested with my hubby's S7. But mine... when plugged in to the computer, nothing. Anyone know of any tricks? or should I just get a warranty swap?

Inferno

Apr 9, 2011
Please find upgrade application from huawei to fix it

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
The USB driver on the PC is not the problem. As I mentioned, when I hook up my hubby's S7 to this PC, we get the notifications that the internal and SD card can be accessed. But my S7 does nothing. It appears to be something on my S7, with the USB port.

My secondary question is whether having done the app2sd mod will affect the warranty....

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Since the USB is dead, is there a way to get to the a2sd partition on the internal memory? What program is necessary?

Edit: I want to delete the app2sd partition and add that amount of space back to the internal memory. Can that be done thru an emulator or some other software on the tablet?

Last edited:

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
The USB driver on the PC is not the problem. As I mentioned, when I hook up my hubby's S7 to this PC, we get the notifications that the internal and SD card can be accessed. But my S7 does nothing. It appears to be something on my S7, with the USB port.

My secondary question is whether having done the app2sd mod will affect the warranty....

If you are able to see both partition(sdcards) under windows it seem that you have brook something on your tablet. It was happened to me, what I did was to reflash an original update and every think was ok. At that time when my tablet didn't work normally I was able to mount my sdcard on windows only if I uncheckc the debug option from settings. Doing like this i was able to mount my sdcard on my windows 7 computer.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Unfortunately, no. I don't get the notifications on the tablet when the USB cable is inserted, nor does Windows see any drives. I'm going to try installing clockwork per pbrauer's suggestion and see if I can delete the app2sd partition.

Speaking of clockwork mod.... assistance with this will be appreciated.

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Last edited:

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Solved!! Thanks to pbrauer, xaueious, goodoane, and joenilan for their assistance. Goodoane suggested reformatting the internal memory from Settings > SD Card & Tablet Storage. Brilliantly simple and effective. Good work guys :D