Velocity Cruz Reader Tablet

divine300

Mar 23, 2011
My name is Dianne, I bought myself this reader and i am having a very dificult time working it. Sometimes is automatically shuts off by itself or it freezes or it just does not turn on. I also bought my son one too and he is having the same problem. Any one knows how to fix this problem. I would like to use this device oneday soon. Thank inadvance for your help:confused:

fbales

May 5, 2010
Dianne, I rooted mine, and it made it much easier to use. This "reader" is really a minimal Android tablet. If you don't expect too much of it, it should work fine for you. I use mine for reading books, listening to music, and the Internet. It's not very good for games, except ones that are small in size. For example, I can't run Angry Birds unless I delete almost all my other apps. It has a small amount of memory, but you can have the most popular apps. Even the Android Market--the real Android Market. If you want to root it I can help you with that. Please note that there is some risk to rooting a tablet. I've heard people say they've bricked (made unusable) their VM Reader by rooting it. I've rooted mine several different times with no problems. Just understand that if you decide to root your reader you do it at your own risk. I won't be responsible for anything that might/could happen.

One other thing. When did you buy these? What model number is it? R101, R102, R103?

Frank

shinycrazy

Mar 27, 2011
Hi Frank,
I recently purchased a velocity micro T103 for $150 and I was considering rooting it. I'm pretty computer savvy, but I don't normally "tinker" with operating systems, so I'm a bit hesitant. I'd love to see your instructions for rooting.

Jenn

fbales

May 5, 2010
Jenn, just noticed you have the T103. That is not the Cruz Reader--it's the Cruz tablet. Reader model numbers begin with an R. The link I sent is for the Cruz Reader. DO NOT use it for your tablet. You may be able to find a tablet root at the same site though. I've not rooted a tablet, it it sounds like you are capable.

Frank

Widget

Dec 15, 2011
Jenn, just noticed you have the T103. That is not the Cruz Reader--it's the Cruz tablet. Reader model numbers begin with an R. The link I sent is for the Cruz Reader. DO NOT use it for your tablet. You may be able to find a tablet root at the same site though. I've not rooted a tablet, it it sounds like you are capable.

Frank

I have a R101 and my friend has a T301 how am I able to root them in order to play angry birds, please help if you still know how

Stephanie