video deleted problem

peterr

Jul 16, 2013
Can any one please advise on how to recover a family video that has been accidentally deleted on a Acer Iconia A500, I need this video back before I go on Holiday at the end of the week, Many thanks:confused:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If the video was on internal memory there is no way to recover it. I suggest in the future to have a copy of anything important on your PC or in the cloud using something like DropBox.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Peter, congratulations on your A500 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Unfortunately, my friend leeshor is correct, there is no recycle bin for Android as there is for Windows. If you delete a file, it's gone. However, if your video was on a MSD card, there are several free PC programs that you could use to attempt recovering it. Google "file recovery", download and install a program on your PC, plug the MSD into your PC and run it. Hopefully you'll see your deleted video and be able to restore it. Good luck!

BTW Not an endorsement, but you'll find the program I use here: Free File Recovery

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hello, Peter.

Welcome to the Forum.

I know this won't help you now, but another option to retrieve deleted files is to install Dumpster. The app works like the Recycle Bin on your PC. It also allows you to recover those 'accidentally' lost old baby pictures that all families seem to cherish, so much.

Cheers.
Ed

loonamark

Jul 10, 2013
There are a few file recovery/undelete apps in the Play Store. The device must be rooted though for any of those tools to work. Also, if the tablet has been in use since the file was removed there is a higher risk that the file has already been overwritten. In that case the file cannot be recovered.

sknight702

Jun 10, 2013
There are a few file recovery/undelete apps in the Play Store. The device must be rooted though for any of those tools to work. Also, if the tablet has been in use since the file was removed there is a higher risk that the file has already been overwritten. In that case the file cannot be recovered.

I second this, is your tablet a work tablet or a personal tablet?

mbtechfella79

Jun 10, 2013
most likely personal - lots of companies will lock down these kinds of features so theyre not used for anything other than work.

techahead

May 29, 2013
there are several file recovery apps available on the app store you should give them a try. If nothing else has overwritten the file space I am sure there are chances you can recover it.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
there are several file recovery apps available on the app store you should give them a try. If nothing else has overwritten the file space I am sure there are chances you can recover it.

Not for internal memory unless you're rooted. Just an FYI.