viewsonic viewpad 10s installing windows

unibond

Jul 8, 2011
hi sorry to bother you guys but just a quick question as i am totally new to tablets. i went out and bought a viewpad 10s and it only came with android installed. i was just wondering what i would need to do to install windows to it.

many thanks in advance

andy

tonybaileyuk

May 16, 2011
hi sorry to bother you guys but just a quick question as i am totally new to tablets. i went out and bought a viewpad 10s and it only came with android installed. i was just wondering what i would need to do to install windows to it.

many thanks in advance

andy

Hi Andy

I have got the viewpad 10 not the s model though, it came with Android 1.6 & win 7 home

I upgraded the memory to 2 gb from Ebay £14.99, then i took apart a 30gb 2.5 solid state drive (4 screws) and upgraded the hard drive
to install Windows I had to plug a external dvd drive in and do a custom install of Windows 7 pro, when you do the custom install it gives you options about the hard drive partions, although I only installed Windows did not bother with the Android 2.2, could not see the point, I know flash and everything I need will work with Windows

Have got word & Excel 2010, Autoroute 2010 & Symantec endpoint all up and running fine plus Angry Birds and plants versus Zombies work brill on it

Have a look at the Tegra forum TEGA v2 Support Forum • Index page as well for more help