Washed out white screen after firmware update

TioSolid

Jan 25, 2011
Hi guys, just got my hand in a Flytouch II (I guess) and did a firmware update to the firmware deb-r2.1.1623 but now the tablet is not booting anymore. All I get is a very washed out screen after the infotmic and the "Planet" screen (a screen with a planet after the infotmic screen). Curious thing is that the android IS booting since I can turn the screen against the light and see some of the text. Unfortunately the text is not sufficent to actually use the recovery menu.

The thing is: I can reflash the tablet using the TF boot card with the android folder, but I already tried all the avaliable firmwares but no lucky, still a white washed out screen :/. Looking at screen sometimes you can see the word "Communication" all over the white part during the boot, but thats all. FYI my tablet is a 8'' MID so im almost sure the screen is not working because most of the firmwares here were built for 10'' (afaik).

So, anyone could help me flashing this device to a working state again?

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
It sounds like a problem with the actual LCD screen rather than a software fault. So a possibly return or self repair?

Sorry to hear it,
Richardo

TioSolid

Jan 25, 2011
Thanks for your reply. Funny thing is that when you boot the tablet, the screen turns on normally, so it looks like a "driver" problem not an actual hardware problem.

Take a look in this video:

As you can see, the screen is working and you can even see some weird text. If you leave it this way for a while the android boots and you can see the clock behind the white screen and even unlock it using the touch screen (if you are lucky enougth to touch the exactly point with the padlock icon and slide it).

Last edited by a moderator:

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Hmm, have you tried to install again from an SD card? Apparently some of the files sometimes don't copy properly so you might need to do a couple of installs before it "sticks"?

Hope this helps,
Richardo

Christophe

Apr 16, 2011
Hi guys, just got my hand in a Flytouch II (I guess) and did a firmware update to the firmware deb-r2.1.1623 but now the tablet is not booting anymore. All I get is a very washed out screen after the infotmic and the "Planet" screen (a screen with a planet after the infotmic screen). Curious thing is that the android IS booting since I can turn the screen against the light and see some of the text. Unfortunately the text is not sufficent to actually use the recovery menu.

The thing is: I can reflash the tablet using the TF boot card with the android folder, but I already tried all the avaliable firmwares but no lucky, still a white washed out screen :/. Looking at screen sometimes you can see the word "Communication" all over the white part during the boot, but thats all. FYI my tablet is a 8'' MID so im almost sure the screen is not working because most of the firmwares here were built for 10'' (afaik).

So, anyone could help me flashing this device to a working state again?

Hi Tiosolid...

Well, I have exactly the same problem than yours...did you manage to find a solution ?
I'll be heppy to know it !!!!!

Christophe

Apr 16, 2011
Thanks so much Tiosolid !!!
You just save me to buy an Ipad !!! ;);)

Just need to find a Male/Male USB cable now !!!!
I'll see that tomorrow, and post an update if it worked.

What firmware version is it ?

TioSolid

Jan 25, 2011
No clue haha. I already gave the tablet back to the original owner after flashing it but at least for me it was a lot newer than the one flashed before the "white screen" problem

Christophe

Apr 16, 2011
Well...I may have talked too fast.
I"m on Win 7 Pro 64 bit, and it seems impossible to install secbulk.inf. And without the tablet driver, it's imposible to connect it to the pc.
It keep telling me "the selected files doesn't allow this installation method". If i try a manual install and ask Windows to use a specific driver, it doesnt find it in the folder...!!

Do you have any ideas on how i can install this driver ?
(I've tried any manual install possible, i've event tried to install and use the "Windows Xp Mode", but that did'nt solve my problem)

Thanks in advance for any help !

TioSolid

Jan 25, 2011
I guess only 32bits installation is possible. Tried everything in my win7 64bits machine too but had to flash it using a win7 32 :/