Watching TV on android

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Hey all.

In my search to watch TV on the tablet, I came across www.mobiletv.net ... it has several channels. Just wondering if there is a better way, because the quality isn't great. It gets most the news channels and ABC, NBC, etc... would love to find an app instead of having to use the browser maybe with international channels as well.

Any thoughts?

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
If its live tv nothing beats slingbox. But the transmitter is 300.00 and the prog on the droid is around 29.99 but to me have had it for 4 years and i could imagine not having it... Use it on trips hotel dish stinks and on road trips if you get the wife to drive oh yea never miss another important game.... Watch during lunch etc...... Oh yea one more thing..... worth it

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

dacarter

Jun 24, 2011
Another option is to get a Hauppauge TV tuner card for your home PC (around $50 at NewEgg). It comes with a program called WinTV. For $10 extra you can buy WinTV Extended which streams TV to any browser, tablet, iPhone, whatever. I set it up recently and have been watching TV on the bus communting to work with my iPhone. It's not great quality, does occassionally freeze, but that's true of any video over 3G. You can set different bit rates, so if watching over WIFI on the tablet you can have better quality. So far it seem to work well. WinTV doesn't have to be running on the home PC, but I think there is a service running to serve the live TV. My card is HD, and I can also record shows. These shows are available remotely as well.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Cbs.com you can watch full episode of some shows.

Driving down the road with a wifi tablet watching slingbox? Guess again. I it barely works with good bandwidth. The and hotel routers are spotty at best.

crossmohan

Apr 19, 2012
Hi Ided21,

Where did you buy your slingbox app. I have a Slyvania tablet and google play don't support
my tablet.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Hey Dan...there's a free app in the market / Google Play called Crackle that has free movies and TV shows. I think it's very good for free. Very good quality too.