Wespro 7 Inches MID epad from - Low cost but CRAP

Arijit

Apr 2, 2011
Posting this review with hope that this might be useful to a potential ePAD Android tablet , specially Wespro (India) epad buyer, or for that matter anybody interested in buying one of these Chinese low cost MID's what they call. This is based on a Wonder media chipset from VIA.
$wesproepad.jpg
Chipset - VIA WM8505
Memory - 256 MB
Model number – generic
Firmwire version - 1.6
Kernel version - 2.6.29-00236-g48dbbbb-dirty
Build number - WMT2.1.2_105
With very low speed, poor touch, no Bluetooth, very poor wify with a range of about 5 feet only. Cumbersome 3G, which will work in 1/5 cases only.

The Android appmarket, the interesting part of Android free OS is fake here. This is a Chinese app market with no proper apps. Most important, this is a huge security too. You would think this is Google appmarket and give your Google login id and password here unknowingly, but you just gave the Google credentials to a dubious company running fake ‘Market’ ! When I pointed this to Wespro support people they said they cannot do anything on this as the OS comes pre-loaded from China.

With no bluetooth, poor wifi, no upgrade support from company, this could end up as a toy which even your child won't like to play with.

So think a ton times before buying these type of junk, however low the price might be.

Arijit

Apr 2, 2011
More updates on this Wespro tablet.

The lastest piece I am using, (have tested 3 units of this model) the default music player does not play MP3, had to download another mp3 player from some site.

Most important, the battery runs out in 1 hour only with almost no applications running and I got this brand new decide an week ago. I know because I am not using this junk anymore. Currently my 15 year old daughter is playing songs in this device in a different room, she cannot do anything on this as wifi cannot be connected there just 10 feet away from my DSL.

The piece doesn't have Facebook or Twitter app and you cannot download them easily as the legal 'Market' won't recognise this decide and allow you. If you want to download Facebook from greymarket, best of luck, half them come embedded with malware. Ultimately I had to ask one of my friends to send me the com.facebook.katana.apk, the latest version 1.5.3 file to me from his mobile phone to me and was able to install Facebook.

mikehan

Apr 20, 2011
yeah,this tablet is very bad althought it is very cheap. the CPU is :VIA 8505,256M very slow on internet.
but here are many amazing hi cost performace android tablet computer.

Posting this review with hope that this might be useful to a potential ePAD Android tablet , specially Wespro (India) epad buyer, or for that matter anybody interested in buying one of these Chinese low cost MID's what they call. This is based on a Wonder media chipset from VIA.
View attachment 2234
Chipset - VIA WM8505
Memory - 256 MB
Model number – generic
Firmwire version - 1.6
Kernel version - 2.6.29-00236-g48dbbbb-dirty
Build number - WMT2.1.2_105
With very low speed, poor touch, no Bluetooth, very poor wify with a range of about 5 feet only. Cumbersome 3G, which will work in 1/5 cases only.

The Android appmarket, the interesting part of Android free OS is fake here. This is a Chinese app market with no proper apps. Most important, this is a huge security too. You would think this is Google appmarket and give your Google login id and password here unknowingly, but you just gave the Google credentials to a dubious company running fake ‘Market’ ! When I pointed this to Wespro support people they said they cannot do anything on this as the OS comes pre-loaded from China.

With no bluetooth, poor wifi, no upgrade support from company, this could end up as a toy which even your child won't like to play with.

So think a ton times before buying these type of junk, however low the price might be.

ramum

Sep 27, 2011
you are right I paid INR 6299/
This is a crap of first order
i do not understand how Wespro get away with this sort of fake sale as
supplier they know they are fooling people-including undersigned
How come such things take place in India ?
The thing does not work at all including touch screen
I just laugh at myself as with addl 6000/- I could have got net book Acer!!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Tab is very basic & slow but you can root it, not worth it for games but music/web/ereading can be ok if you're patient. If you have very little money & cannot afford anything better, at least you can make it better through rooting, get googleplay,youtube etc.my 1st tab was via8650 which is not much faster but with patience, was usable

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

swati

Oct 26, 2012
i have wespro tab...i had won it as a prize... i want to root it to make it better in some way... i have been googling all the time but im not finding a right way to root it... can anyone pls help me out??