What do you think and/or want the 3.1 update to bring?

Samoa Joe

May 16, 2011
Does everyone else think the wifi issues will be fixed? Or the screen on/off issues to be fixed (hopefully)?

I can't for the full functional USB port though biggest selling point for me. I couldn't stand how my iPad didn't have half of what this little monster has and the updates are just gonna make it that much better.

-Joe.

Last edited:

Samoa Joe

May 16, 2011
I haven't had a problem with the apps, but ill be on the lookout now. I just wish more were honeycomb friendly.

-Joe.

pentool

May 1, 2011
I want bug fixes, bug fixes, and even more bug fixes. Other then these, I just want more tablet optimized apps.

HD87

May 14, 2011
i found Rock Player Lite, Mobo Player & Moai FLV player to be able to play all my video formats.. as far as the upgrade goes.. being able to customize the widgets! more customization to the homescreen, and I hear an update from 720p to 1080p will be done.

dhornick

May 12, 2011
I can't wait for the widget customization and the multitasking update and being able to using our full size USB suck it fruit bats (my name for apple owners)

Samoa Joe

May 16, 2011
Coming from a major Apple user...who had an iPad, I will never go back to the iPad. It is very user friendly, but really held back. If people found out how much they could do on Android and weren't so stupid, these devices would take off. I have customers at Best Buy that won't even look at my Acer when I use it to demo, only because it's not an iPad, even though I say, "I had an iPad and I sold it for this beast".

-Joe.

bruce wayne

May 20, 2011
coming from a nokia n900 tablet/smartphone user...

1. there should be a small overlap of say half inch by half inch or ever better size changable, that labels the desktops 1-5 so you can jump to them instead of swiping through. widgets were made for maemo 5 but being in the os would be useful and having options to simply turn them off entirely would be great.

2. removing items from desktops should be easier. instead of dragging items to basically the "trashcan" simply have a little "X" appear on the item and a click of the X will remove it for good.

3. too many browsers and players. this sort of "fragmention" isn't going to help android. there should very little need for these extra browsers and players

4. the bar at the bottom should have the option to hide/pop up just like on windows. its annoying watching a video and see these this bar eat screen space and distracting me.

5. there should be a button to show the process screen instead of having to go through like 6 screens to get to it.

6. applications should have subgroupings of say a dozen different types

7. there should be different user profiles for the settings that are customizeable. if i want a batter save mode id have no connection low screen, or viewing mode with brightest screen no connection or navigation mode with gps connection and whatever... etc etc.

8. in the + screen where u can put widgets and wallpapers etc... you should be able to put bookmarks onto screens there too... customizeable in their size and default browser.

9. fix or explain what this "cell standby" thing is that keeps draining everyones tab. it constanstly drinks juice and we don't know what it is. there isn't even a sim card reader.

10. fix glitches, prepare apps for honeycomb, make honeycomb apps

im not sure if this has been done for android i am new to the system, forgive me if i am wrong

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I'd like to see,
screen on/off in sleep mode fixed

cell standby eliminated completely along with airplane mode.
A wifi only tablet should not have a airplane mode

Also a dedicated movie player from google.

Fixes for apps kicking you to the desktop and app store

Overall make the entire tablet smoother from scrolling to everything.

1 to 1 scrolling in the browser. When I pan my finger I want the page to move exactly that much.

GPS fixed. 10 minutes to get a lock is crazy.

There are probably more but that is it for now.

beastman

May 8, 2011
Wifi only mode doesn't need airplane mode. Some planes now offer wifi. If no wifi on the plane, just turn wifi off so you can use local apps without it searching for wifi.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

beastman

May 8, 2011
Docuents to go just updated for HC. CNN and USA Today both made tablet versions of their apps. The later requires HC. Itriage created a Yvonne version, but YES... need more.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

Samoa Joe

May 16, 2011
I really just want more tablet optimized apps, haha. It would be so much better if there were more HC-optimized apps.

-Joe.

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
I'm out on the edge of my knowledge but I think there is such a thing as a software "DRM". If we had one on the tablet then things like Netflix would work without rooting or jumping through hoops.

Ken

kes601

May 23, 2011
I'd like to see,
screen on/off in sleep mode fixed

cell standby eliminated completely along with airplane mode.
A wifi only tablet should not have a airplane mode

Airplane mode would also turn bluetooth off, not just WiFi.

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
I'm just looking forward to being able to access my SD card using native apps like Google Music and resizable widgets will be really nice. I am also sick of phone sized apps. Hopefully there will be more development for the tablet form factor.