when will the automatic update work for DG2.2?

chris7836

Dec 11, 2011
i was just wondering when the automatic update process will work for the 7" sylvania tablet (synet7lp).

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
i was just wondering when the automatic update process will work for the 7" sylvania tablet (synet7lp).
Welcome to the forum.

The update server has not providing an update link for the SYNET7LP Hardware Id "hwver" 11.2.1.8 for quite some time. While the beta update files still exist on the server and can be manually retrieved it is doubtful, given all of the new hardware, that any effort is going into this almost 1 year old technology tablet. Also noted, the tablets sent for warranty support are being returned from Digital Gadgets with the April beta version installed. Therefore, it would seem no further update was produced after April and that the automatic update process has not been resolved on these tablet. Another confirmation is the disgo 6000 statement that they could not support an over the air update due to many issues. A final example comes from the AIRIS OnePad 700, a similar tablet, that has never been provided with an automatic update instead relying on the user to burn the update image with WinImage to micro SD to update. We can only hope that there may be a fix but after almost a year on this forum there has been very very very little progress. Anyone with direct contact with Digital Gadgets or infoTMIC may have further insight.

Last edited:

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I'll ask. They told me the servers were up and running last month, but didnt say anything about the updates. I wouldn't expect any 'major' updates on these tablets. I doubt they will ever update to ICS on them, I dont think the hardware would support it.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
yes, we all here haved been waiting for the right update, but nothing has happened... so I'll think that we have to wait a bit longer

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet