Where did the accessory page go on Le Pan's homepage???

mprenfro

May 16, 2012
They put up the HDMI Cable, they pull it. They put it up again. Now it's gone. Along with the
other product and links to other Le Pan friendly accessories. I just don't get these guys...
ICS is rumored again per Johna2u's reliable source, to be out as soon as this week. Hope at least that
comes through, since a bunch of android devices are being bumped up to OS 4 this week.

mprenfro

May 16, 2012
Thank you for the info. But is there a link from their main page to the shopping page, or am I just missing it.
Because if it is not there, I can't understand that. Before I remember they had a clear link to there stuff along
with a link to other company's accessories. You couldn't click and purchase their stuff but could the other brands.
I didn't get that. It seems like everything with them is an afterthought....

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
mprenfro, no it's not there - it should show (used to) in the same page as you see the charger, usb cable, etc.

They might have sold out of stock, more coming soon possibly.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
The accessory page is still there. Open the products menu and scroll down to accessories to get to this page.
Accessories , Le Pan

From the support site click on the quick link for Replacement Parts, services and cases. Then click on the underlined "LePanShop" to get to the LePanShop site.
Replacement Parts, Services, & Cases

They could definitely make it easier to find. It would also be a good idea to have a link back from LePanShop to LepanTab but they don't.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
John, I think he's referring to the fact that the HDMI adapter is NOT showing in the products page at LePan Shop

Last time it happened, it was when people realized some tablets did not have the hdmi out setting. This time, maybe sold out?

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I can see it there. I just clicked your link. right hand top box. It also shows on the accessories page at Lepantab. That's odd.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
I can see it there. I just clicked your link. right hand top box. It also shows on the accessories page at Lepantab. That's odd.

OMG, you are right - I must have missed it when I looked at the page. Sorry! :(

So, it's ready for ordering. :)

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I thought maybe it was one of those US Canadian things that come up from time to time.

mprenfro

May 16, 2012
No, I was talking about how they had it set up before. They had a page where you could see there products (which you couldn't click on to buy or get more info), and a link to other vendors. It just seems like they really don't get the concept of correct page mapping. They need to take a course in mind maps..... And I am hoping we here something on ICS. I really can't believe they insist they are this small company that has limited resources, etc. That's why, or because google would not certify, so ICS is not out. Matsunichi owns a huge building in China with holdings. They are not small! Give me a break! Especially their communication sucks! They could enjoy so much more success if they could just get their act together. If not, it is only a matter of time before their vendors give up on them....

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
mprenfro, I don't think Le Pan is claiming they are small and not able to handle this, that is what people here are saying. You need to keep in mind that small is relative. Look at Blackberry, Palm/HP and Nokia as examples of major companies who are getting crushed on hardware and software. It isn't always easy and Matsunichi seems to be an electronics manufacturer rather than a retailer. Le Pan may or may not be an actual part of Matsunichi and even then might be a small division. In any case, even the big companies like Samsung, ASUS and Acer have just started their rollouts of ICS.

Le Pan certainly controls its own fate here and does seem to be falling short on their open source obligations but to think that they should have no issues with mass producing accessories or updating software on the same schedule as the big boys is a bit of a stretch. At the end of the day Le Pan should do everything they can to make for a complete end user experience and if they don't they will derive their success accordingly. If they don't come through, you can also get your next device from a big company.

mprenfro

May 16, 2012
No, i have had direct contact with them and two times they claimed the problems were due to their company being small... You have to go back and read my prior post...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
No, i have had direct contact with them and two times they claimed the problems were due to their company being small... You have to go back and read my prior post...

Yes, I did see that post. I just meant most of what is said about Le Pan being small is from the forum not from the company. In either case whether from the forum or people at the company, my opinion is that Le Pan is a small company with limited resources. There are both advantages and disadvantages to this. The disadvantages include the limited hardware and software support that has been discussed.

mprenfro

May 16, 2012
How does CazMan33 come up with the number 1000th? Is he just making this up? I think the main point is, people who bought this product were led to believe it was available as an upgrade. I don't know. Maybe it's just read wrong but the last thing most of us want to see is vaporware. It seems there are two types of people here. Some are saying, you get what you pay for. The others are saying, I want what I paid for. Cheaper product or not should not be an issue. Especially if it says, "upgradeable to ICS." So, it just when that seems to be the problem.......

Last edited: