Where to get movies?

Big_Jim

Mar 16, 2011
IMPORTANT SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

If you have the student Amazon Prime you do NOT get free streaming movies & TV.

As for the OP's issue: I would recommend you just rip your DVD's into DivX or something and copy the files to your SD card.

There are other ways to get divx movies but I wont discuss them here.

Jack_Sparrow_avatar_by_Axelfire.gif

TomKattt

Mar 26, 2011
Can you download the movies and port to a tablet? Or do you have to view these on the PC.

I haven't found a way to get rental movies to work because of the DRM security issues. I don't want to buy/own videos, just rent them and watch them once. I haven't been able to get this figured out. It looks to me that Amazon Prime streams the movies, so how do you get that on a tablet?

xmstazx

Mar 6, 2011
Amazon will not work on the tablet. Any other legal places to download movies? I don't mind paying a rental fee or even buying the movie.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Amazon will not work on the tablet. Any other legal places to download movies? I don't mind paying a rental fee or even buying the movie.

If you already own the dvd (as in physically have it) then download a program like DVD Fab (see above post) and pop your dvd in, put in your resolution settings and BLAMO! you have a movie ready to put on your tablet. They also have more in-detail instructions on their website.

xmstazx

Mar 6, 2011

Nope I don't have the movies in hand. I did find blockbuster will work I believe, I'm testing now. I also found away to play my itunes movies on the tablet. It's going to cost but I can do it.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
If you have Flash player working on your tablet Crackle.com has some free movies that you can stream... works well on my Archos 101 and my G-tablet....

Apr 1, 2012
face it, your going to have to pay one way or another.. i'd rather pay a flat $79/yr than $x.xx/movie any time.. esp. if the service is actually well-implemented. (someone please correct me if amazon is still charging per movie after the $79/yr).

I am in total agreement that paying a flat rate is far more practical than paying per movie; I’m too much of a film buff to give up my passion. I’ve been using a fantastic service I learned about through a colleague I work with at Dish. I’ve been using Blockbuster @Home that gives me all the live streaming I could want. My boyfriend enjoys the movies and games by mail but in all honesty, we got the service for me. My droid tab is now a mini movie theater, and the popcorn is far cheaper than at the theater.