Why Lenovo Sucks.

Discussion in 'Lenovo IdeaPad A1' started by jasonkrasnov, Jun 11, 2012.

?

How would rate Lenovo on a scale from 1-10

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

11.1%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 8

11.1%
  9. 9

22.2%
  10. 10

55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jasonkrasnov

jasonkrasnov Member

Tablet / Device:
    Lenovo Ideapad
    At first, I was really thinking about buying a tablet from Lenovo. Now...not so much. Apparently, I am reading a lot of interesting discussions on people who are totally unsatisfied by Lenovo's products and at a company who does not care a whole lot about their customers. Here are just some of the comments I have read:

"I have lost the use of my money for this delay. I have had suffer the inconvenience due to someone not doing their job correctly. I have lost the potential interest it would have received, now I am being informed that the best that will be done is my principal is all that will be refunded & I have to wait yet another 2 – 4 business days?

"For a company as large as Lenovo, surely you can do better than that. This entire process has been from the beginning absolutely a frustrating one. Additionally per the email string below my restocking fee would be reimbursed. So…., subsequently I will have to now wait en even longer delay for it as well?!"

"So, I gave up and sent it in for repair. Two weeks later, I followed up. They had received it, but they were waiting for some parts. An hour later I was told that the parts would arrive in approximately SIX WEEKS. So let me get this straight. I get a lemon, send it in for repair, have to pay for shipping and have to wait two months?"

In addition, at my job we experienced a major upset with the Lenovo Ideapad A1. Click here to read about it on our blog.

Does anyone else feel skeptical to buy Lenovo Products or is it just me? Also, if you have a tablet that you are totally satisfied with, which are you using now? Please share your feedback and responses.

$broken-tablet.jpg

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    I have been a Lenovo laptop user for some time and so far they (at least 3 of mine) have worked great and I've had no problem with support. I also highy recommened the Lenovo laptops to my customers and they also love them. I do know one Lenovo tablet user personally and he seems to be pleased with it but I have a vendor here who wants me to resell them. After putting my hands on it I thought it was a tad clunky (not just compared to my Transformer Prime).

I currently support 8 Transformer Prime users, 7 Transformer TF101 users and recently 2 TF300T users. (I'm in the computer business) All are running great and doing everything the users are asking of them. Virtually all of my customers using tablets use them primarily for business. I will say that as a second choice I would probably consider some of the Samsung tablets, but for usefulness and flexibility the Transformers are hard to beat.

I know several people with various other tablets and there are some nice ones but the one Thrive owner I know wants my Transformer.

3. Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    iPad2 32, Toshiba Thrive 32. Lenovo IdeaPad A1, ICOO D90W
    Never had a Lenovo laptop, but had 3 Motorola before they sold to Lenovo and had hardware failure on all three.
    However I do have a Lenovo IdeaPad A1 and it works very well, I fact I am much happier with it than I thought I would be.
    I use my Thrive and IPad at home most of the time now and take the Lenovo on the road.
    If i had to rate it I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars. Only because they should have doubled the ram IMHO. Otherwise it is a very good device.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

4. cal67

cal67 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Lenovo A1/ Lenovo A2107A-F/Lenovo A1000/ Kobo Arc 7 64GB./Dell Venue 7/Acer Iconia B1
    I have a number of their laptops, and yes some do have some issues, but I haven't run across any brands that don't have any quirks. As far as the tablet, I've got one (it is a refurb) and have absolutely no issues or problems with it. I am very happy with it.

5. Androidfonefan

Tablet / Device:
    A question about the poll. Scale of 1 to 10 one being what and 10 being what?
    Is 10 good or bad? is 1 good or bad?

6. cal67

cal67 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Lenovo A1/ Lenovo A2107A-F/Lenovo A1000/ Kobo Arc 7 64GB./Dell Venue 7/Acer Iconia B1
    I used the "opposite sex" criteria. 10 is better than 1.

7. howarder

howarder Member

Tablet / Device:
    Lenovo
    lenovo is not that bad and it treats me well .

8. jpisini

jpisini Member

Tablet / Device:
    Lenovo Ideapad A1
    I have had my A1 one for a little over 3 months and I have to say I am still very happy with it. Works well and battery life is decent.

9. janner43

janner43 Member

Tablet / Device:
    tf101
    Our Lenovo is a great tablet. Superb value for money. :)

10. Androidfonefan

Tablet / Device:
    My tab works just fine never had a problem with it.

Sent from my A1_07 using Tapatalk 2