Wifi authentication issues!!!

maadmaan10

Jun 24, 2013
Hi everyone, I have a Presigio Multipad 7 pro (won't be buying this brand again but that's another story).:mad: I need to use it in my shop as an internet source.

I have a 3G dongle and a TP Link TL-MR3020 mini router.

The router works perfectly when connected to my laptop with a cable, but I CANNOT get the tablet to connect. No matter what I do it comes back with "Authentication problem"....aaaaagggghhhhh

I have tried going the http;192.168.0.1/ route as instructed but never seem to be able to connect! So I can't "get in" to the router to see what's going on.

ANY IDEAS PLEASE?????

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Can you connect via wifi from your laptop?

Here is what i would do:

From your laptop when connected to the router via wifi or LAN, open a command prompt.

At the prompt type "ipconfig" without quotes

Look to see what the default gateway is.

Go to a web browser and enter the address of your gateway (with http:// in front of it).

The default address should be 192.168.0.254.

Username and password is admin by default. If that does not work, not sure that I can help you.

Login and change the WiFi settings so there is no security and see if your tablet connects. If so, I would add security in the form of WPA/WPA2. See if you can connect from your tablet.

maadmaan10

Jun 24, 2013
hey, thanks for that! It worked last night, but when I got to the shop today it started doing exactly the same again. Tried "forget it" again but now just "authentication problem" and can't connect to internet!!!
Going to take the wife's Samsung in tomorrow to make sure it's not my stupid Prestigio pad.........

maadmaan10

Jun 24, 2013
Right!! Tried the wifes Samsung and that wouldn't connect either...aaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhh
Bought it home and connected the DONGLE only to discover it is a 2G, NOT a 3G, so I suspect that is what is causing the issues. So,will have to go and spend a few hours in the Orange store tomorrow!!
Will let you know how I get on.

maadmaan10

Jun 24, 2013
Well, after spending nearly 3 hours in the shop......it turns out that the whole problem was caused by 2 issues;
The "dongle" was only 2G so that has now been replaced with a 4G system which works beautifully! Also, the TPLLINK thingy had the WRONG password printed on it's label!!!!!!!!!!!
So all sorted now....think I may use the TPLINK as a booster at home, would be a shame to waste it!

Cheers guys