Wifi keeps logging out for no reason after Honeycomb update.

eracer

Nov 20, 2011
Anyone else having this problem? All in all, I wish I hadn't upgraded. Not impressed at all with Honeycomb

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
No, mine seems to stay connected to my WiFi and work WiFi about the same as it did when it was Gingerbread. Seems some updates had some hiccups others went flawlessly. I have had no issues at all I feel my Vtab is faster and smoother since the update.

Sorry you are having trouble with the WiFi.

Jim

KenP

Feb 1, 2012
I have some wifi issues, slow to connect, but I'm pretty sure mine comes from juice defender not honeycomb. Sometimes I have to on/sleep/wake to start wifi or fiddle with JD a little
Good luck!
Ken

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
did you update and leave you programs and stuff. or did you factory reset after update. i factory reset my wifes. its perfect for her.

briman4031

Dec 23, 2011
Mine does this as well. I did a factory reset BEFORE the update to make sure it was clean. No matter the wifi setting, it disconnects when unattended.

Kail

Mar 5, 2012
What is your Wi-Fi disconnect policy set at? You can find this in Settings under Wireless & Network.

devildog

Dec 22, 2011
Mine is losing the connection on restart, and on wake from sleep mode. When the screen comes up the wifi indicator by the battery symbol is gone, as if Iturned it off. If I try to use the browser it never connects.
When I check my settings it shows the network I was connected to, with the blue check to show it's connected, but until I unchecked, then recheck this box, the wifi indicator never shows up on the screen and I can't use the Internet.

I have tried changing my wireless disconnect settings, but it makes no difference.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
I'd start bugging vizio support about the wifi issue...

--------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Mine is losing the connection on restart, and on wake from sleep mode. When the screen comes up the wifi indicator by the battery symbol is gone, as if Iturned it off. If I try to use the browser it never connects.
When I check my settings it shows the network I was connected to, with the blue check to show it's connected, but until I unchecked, then recheck this box, the wifi indicator never shows up on the screen and I can't use the Internet.

I have tried changing my wireless disconnect settings, but it makes no difference.

First try a standard reboot. Second make sure you don't have any task killers or battery managers that might turn wifi off. Then if those don't fix the problem, try a factory reset.

michikade

Mar 15, 2012
Mine doesn't disconnect unless it's been sleeping a while (same as Gingerbread), but it seems like the wifi antenna isn't quite as strong - it has to be closer to the source than it used to. Not sure why that is.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk

drum4ever

Dec 2, 2011
Mine holds connection fine. What it does not do is auto connect when I return. Often I have to open the wifi settings and it will immediately find my network and connect. Not a deal breaker by any means, just a small annoyance. Small trade off for the improvements. These may all be symptoms of how our various app configurations affect the update.

white01l

Mar 20, 2012

I was having very the same issues with mine. I changed the channel on the wireless router and now it connects even better then it had before the upgrade.

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
No connection issues, no resets done, but WIFI signal received is weaker than prior to the upgrade.

joeymantera

Apr 10, 2012
I had to wipe data and factory reset in the android system by holding down the power and the volume rocker and in the menu there is a wipe data and after that i had to do a factory reset in android by going in the settings and that fixed me i was getting kicked out of my browser while surfing and my wifi could not reconnect after my tablet would go to sleep.