wifi setup issue

beanboomba

Sep 14, 2011
Just got this at noon, and do not think it is working correctly. I go under settings and try to check the check box to turn on wifi, but I can not. It is a flytouch 3 owners manual says MA1002 series. This is my first tablet, so I might be missing something simple. Any help is greatly apprecieated.

I do not broadcast my ssid.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Are you letting it turn on? Due to the way Android functions, there is actually a lag between clicking the "Turn on" and when the system reports back that it IS on. This is esp. true if you have not identified any WiFi networks. Now, we are not talking an unreasonable wait, but at least 20 seconds might not be out of line, especially if it is the first time ever.

beanboomba

Sep 14, 2011
Are you letting it turn on? Due to the way Android functions, there is actually a lag between clicking the "Turn on" and when the system reports back that it IS on. This is esp. true if you have not identified any WiFi networks. Now, we are not talking an unreasonable wait, but at least 20 seconds might not be out of line, especially if it is the first time ever.

Got it. switch on top of the tablet.