WiFi will not stay on - Mini Tablet 2.2OS

tnkplus2

Nov 25, 2011
Hi! I just purchased a 7" Mini Tablet (SYTAB7MX) for my kids for Christmas and am trying to get it set up for them. I was able to connect to the wi-fi last night for about 5 minutes. Then when the tablet went to "sleep" the wi-fi shut off and now there is no getting it reconnected. :( Everything on here says to update the OS - but then on another forum I found it says that if your tablet shipped with 2.2 to NOT update. So...I need help.

Now when I try to connect the wi-fi it says "Obtaining IP address" for a few seconds then "disconnect". It just keeps looking through those two options. Any ideas??

PS - I have tried shutting the whole thing down and then restarting to no avail...

Joen

Nov 25, 2011
I am having the same problem. 1 day old did factory reset and didn't resolve. It won't stay online long enough to update it. Any Ideas?

hecate

Nov 25, 2011
Oddly, I'd noticed the same behavior on my new SYTABEX7-2, and at one point, despite it saying "obtaining IP", I just went ahead and opened the browser---and it worked. From there on, the Wi-Fi stayed connected. This has happened a few more times and so far, opening the browser seems to give it a kick in the pants :). Can't guarantee that'll work, but it can't hurt!

tnkplus2

Nov 25, 2011
Well - after several different tries - I finally got it to work by turning off my router and then starting it over again. I also cleared out all of my wifi info on the tablet. Then started fresh. I have since been able to work on it off and on all morning. I have noticed that once the tablet sleeps, you have to reconnect the wifi again - it doesn't do it automatically like a laptop does. Hope that works for you too!