WM8650 WiFi Problems

Keegan

Jan 2, 2012
Hello and thank you to everyone who participates in this forum, because you make it possible for people like myself who don't have a clue to find answers.

I just got a MID 7" Android Tablet 2.2 version kernel version 2.6.32.9default Build number generic-eng2.2 GINGERBREAD Ver1.5.5-20110920.043830 Model number WM8650 it has a built in phone. Now to the question at hand I am able to use the phone and operate it seems just about everything else except I can't get the internet.

How do I configure this for the internet?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Keegan

Keegan

Jan 2, 2012
I should have mentioned that the WiFi bars are full as well as the connectivity bars but when I select the browser button it says web page not available.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Keegan, glad you decided to become a member and join us here at Android Tablets. Nice to have you here. The most knowledgeable folks here regarding your tablet are to be found in the WonderMedia Based section of the forum. I'm moving your thread over there for you to see if they'll be able to help you out. Good luck and enjoy that new tablet!
Spider:cool:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here!

Cheers,
Peter

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
There are tons of posts on wireless issues in the forum. It appears to me that many of the issues are actually related to the routers or the type of security you are using. It seems as if these tablets can't handle the latest and greatest in security and are sensitive to the type or brand of wireless router. If you search the forum you'll find lots of hints on what to try. One of the best ways to see if that is the problem you are having is to go somewhere you have access to free unsecure wireless (library, McDonalds, Starbucks, etc.) and see if you can connect there. If you can, then you'll need to look at your security type (some members have reported that only WEP would work) or even getting a different router.

Keegan

Jan 2, 2012
Thanks to everyone who chipped in to help, but cal67 got me thinking. So I took my Tablet to the local Donut shop where their WiFi was up and running and what do you know. I was able to browse the web and use the pnone that's built into the Tablet, everything is working fine. cal67, You mentioned the router and its security and when I thought about it I said to myself all the bars are full for WiFi and network connection so it must be the router. This is a very good Tablet works fine and all is well with the world.

Thanks again to all of you