Worth Buying ?

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by Seren, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Seren

Seren Member

2. philbaz

philbaz Member

Tablet / Device:
    chinese tablet
    I don't know about that particular unit, but you can see my personal experience with "bargain" generic tablets in my thread "which hammer is best..."

Phil

3. SpeMall.com

SpeMall.com Senior Member

As what i always said:"you can buy a decent tablet PC with android 2.3 and good processor with around $200!" why not to spend a little more and get something far more better?
    PS: it seems the tablet you mentioned also available in our site for £59 : Cheap 7 inch android 2.2 OS Tablet PC with VIA 8650 CUP and Dual Core 800Mhz - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China

4. SpeMall.com

SpeMall.com Senior Member

5. Pinkie

Pinkie Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nothing....yet
    Gotta agree with the $200 assessment....pay a little more, get a hell of a lot more. There is even a local joint in my area that was selling the 7 inch Samsung galaxy tab for $250 for a short while. Do yourself a favor and save some more pennies and get a solid one you know won't light your house on fire.

6. nickcage

nickcage Member

I ordered one of these two weeks ago from Minigadget in Farnborough Hants which is less than 20 miles from where I live. It arrived yesterday by special delivery after I had chased them two or three times. Got it out of the box and tried to set up email, a suitable word and powerpoint app and Evernote which I use all the time. The device was incompatible with Evernote, email did not work for a BT account and Office Suite, on this tablet did not recognise word documents from the external USB slot. All I could see was a series of symbols - don't know what the technical term might be - unicode perhaps!

I know it's cheap and you get what you pay for but I expected something to work. A couple of hours ago the whole thing froze and all I can get is a perplexed looking android sliding up and down the screen.

In short if you want to waste £60, a whole weekend and push your patience to the limit by all means go and buy one of these. If not AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. THEY ARE RUBBISH!!!!!