Wrong AC Adapter

JeffBaxter

May 30, 2011
Did you receive a wrong AC Adapter with the Acer A500? How did you come to know that its a wrong adapter?

JeffBaxter

May 30, 2011
I did not get anything wrong I am just willing to know if anyone has got it wrong

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
That seems like a rather odd question. Do you have a reason for asking it?

I supposed one would suspect you got the wrong charger if it doesn't charge the unit.

JeffBaxter

May 30, 2011
You are right as i was told by some one that its possible that the adapter may be wrong so I am willing to know that how can i figure it out that if I have got a wrong or right one.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
The charger that came with it will work.
Nobody has reported a problem.

Because of your odd phraseology ("I am willing to know" when you mean "I want to know") I am guessing your first language is not English, and you may be concerned about an export-import issue in getting a tablet from a country different than the one where you intend to use it.

Rest assured, the charger will work anywhere in the world, but the plug in prongs may be different from market to market. These are interchangeable so the charger can be adapted to run in any country by buying different prongs.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Mine says:

Model: PSA18R-120P

Input: 100-240V ~ 0.5A
50-60 Hz 40-60 VA
Output: 12V and 1.5A.

JeffBaxter

May 30, 2011
You are correct, I am from France so may be there can be some issues related to my English. I got this Tablet from my friend who lives in USA.

Anyways thanks for the Help :)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Also standard north American to french plug converter will work. Checkout travel stores. They are cheaper than finding the interchangeable prongs.

Pierre9107

Jan 8, 2012
Hi

I just received an Iconia tablet A100 for Android testings concerning our professional activity. A little bit thick, but good robust device with lot of plugging possibilities.

The power bloc was delivering no voltage, thanks to some post production control low quality: I done some continuity tests from both sides which gave me reasonable values, then i opened the bloc (some violence on the sticked cover, i confess), discovered an hand-assembled circuit board and soldering, but i haven't took time to test the inside Texas Instrument and other components. I used a professional power supply to inject 12v in Iconia (TI component test the supplied voltage: Seems accepted from 11,8 to 12,5 volts, then switch on feeding after 1 second). The tablet was totally uncharged and something like 0,2 A is used to charge the device for some hours.

Searched for "Acer PSA18R-120P" power block on the web to purchase a new one but it seems out of reasonable price. Searching for some compatible solution while my testing power supply is quite big, but the low voltage plug is out of standard, as usual... Some idea for France or Europe supplier for a compatible power for less than 20€ ?

Pierre
tsmservice.fr
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
The only thing you need to worry about is the plug which you already have, get a good 12 volt 1.5 amp supply and you should be fine. Would be nice to buy one with the correct end and polarity but anything else would be fine as long as you have a dead supply to give you the correct end.