Youtube - "CAnnot display video"

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Usage, Tips & Tricks' started by kaptin_d, Dec 11, 2010.

1. kaptin_d

kaptin_d Member

Hi Everyone
    I'm new and have just bought a Scroll 7" for Xmas for my 7 year old daughter (well for me really but only after 7pm when she is in bed!). I originally got a POV Mobbi 7" but it was pants so sent it back.

I cannot get youtube to work. All I ever get is "Cannot display video". Interestingly the Mobbii had the same problem. The Mobbi didnt have the official youtube app though. I had to install non app market youtube alternatives on that.

My internet isn't fabulous (2.5MB) and I thought it could be down to that?

I've spoken to Storage Options and they've never seen the issue and can't reproduce it.
    I've read bits to suggest I should clear the youtube cache from within the application settings menu. However, youtube is not listed in that menu. Only the 3rd party apps i've installed are there.

Please help me! I am getting close to throwing in the river!

2. hoben02

hoben02 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    epad zenithink zt-180
    get an app called "task killer"
    then run that on startup see if you have a bunch of programs that startup chewing up memory

3. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 Super Moderator Staff Member

try installing different youtube apps, my suggestion is the low res youtube app

4. kaptin_d

kaptin_d Member

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already i tried that and there was nothing there...

5. kaptin_d

kaptin_d Member

Any idea where I would get a low res youtube app? Presumably I'd have to remove the current youtube app first? That creates a prob for me as it's not in the list in the apps settings menu - only 3rd party ones are.

The chaps on the support desk reckon that they can't duplicate this fault. Of course they could be lying, but if they aren't any idea why it wouldn't work for me?