10" M701-R 3D Gaming Experiance

shan4djfun

Sep 4, 2010
I happen to order the latest (from my point of view) 10" M701-R Apad. In the mean time I'm wandering what games I can play with it. Below is the spec of the tablet

Specifications

Processor
Telechips TCC8902 ARM 11
high-performance processor

Support for hardware 3D graphics
acceleration

Memory
256M DDR2 cache

Storage
Built in 2GB

Support Micro SD / TF card, maximum capacity of 32GB

Wifi
IEEE802.11b / g wireless
network

I/O
Interface
USB2.0 OTG

3.5mm headphone
jack

Audio

Built-in
microphone

Headphones / Max output power
40mW

Frequency response:
20Hz-20KHz

SNR: greater than
90db

Screen
Size

10.1 inch

Resolution

1024 x 600

Operating

Resistive multi touch highly sensitive
touchscreen

Operating system
Version

Android 2.1

Audio format

MP3/AAC/AAC + / WAV
formats

Video Format

1080P Full HD / MP4, AVI, XVID, H.263, H.264,
RMVB formats

Game

Support for 3D games

Software

Google Market Support

Gravity Sensor
Internal

G- Sensor

Last edited:

shan4djfun

Sep 4, 2010
1) Can I play Asphalt 5 HD on this droid?
2) Can I play Need for speed **** on this droid?
3) Can I play N.O.V.A on this droid?

anyone with experiance plz answer

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
1) Can I play Asphalt 5 HD on this droid?
2) Can I play Need for speed Shift on this droid?
3) Can I play N.O.V.A on this droid?

anyone with experiance plz answer
As i heard the g-sensor is a bit sluggish on the china tablets, so the racing games could get a bit hard.
Also if your games need real multitouch as you know it from the iPad etc. you won't get full functionality with your resistive screen.

I hope I didn't tell that much falsehood - please correct me in that case!

shan4djfun

Sep 4, 2010
As i heard the g-sensor is a bit sluggish on the china tablets, so the racing games could get a bit hard.
Also if your games need real multitouch as you know it from the iPad etc. you won't get full functionality with your resistive screen.

I hope I didn't tell that much falsehood - please correct me in that case!

hoefully this version musnt have those errors. You are correct there are rumors that M701-R 7" contains those -points you pointed out. But I'm talking about the 10" version. Loooking forward to have it test it by my self. Since then looking for reviews:eek:

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
The M701-R is only available with a 7" screen (I believe that's what the "7" in M701 signifies). Are you sure you don't mean the Haipad H01 or M1001 - those are the 10" models.

shan4djfun

Sep 4, 2010
The M701-R is only available with a 7" screen (I believe that's what the "7" in M701 signifies). Are you sure you don't mean the Haipad H01 or M1001 - those are the 10" models.

it has the same spec as m701-r except it doesnt have a HDMI or a remote. thats the only diffreance:)

33xikaq.jpg

Last edited:

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
That's the Haipad M1001. The specs are actually a lot closer to the old dual-usb M701. Though because all these Chinapads get rebranded so many ways that confusion is totally understandable.

shan4djfun

Sep 4, 2010
That's the Haipad M1001. The specs are actually a lot closer to the old dual-usb M701. Though because all these Chinapads get rebranded so many ways that confusion is totally understandable.

yeah you are right the spec and the model is most similar to M1001. So can those games played on that?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I'm not much for gaming, but I tried "Raging Thunder" on my M701-R and it is unplayable. Also tried "X-Race" and it force closes after the splash screen. In fact the only 3D game I have actually got to work is one of those labyrinth games where you roll the ball around - and only one of them I tried actually had settings to compensate for the reversed g-sensor axis. Even for 2D "arcade" style games I've tried, the overlay controller buttons are terribly unresponsive and don't seem to take advantage of 2-point touch (in other words, I can't move left while also shooting, I can move and then shoot or shoot and them move). These cheap tablets are, imo, completely useless if you're looking for a real handheld 3D gaming experience, especially resource-intensive racing games.

shan4djfun

Sep 4, 2010
I'm not much for gaming, but I tried "Raging Thunder" on my M701-R and it is unplayable. Also tried "X-Race" and it force closes after the splash screen. In fact the only 3D game I have actually got to work is one of those labyrinth games where you roll the ball around - and only one of them I tried actually had settings to compensate for the reversed g-sensor axis. Even for 2D "arcade" style games I've tried, the overlay controller buttons are terribly unresponsive and don't seem to take advantage of 2-point touch (in other words, I can't move left while also shooting, I can move and then shoot or shoot and them move). These cheap tablets are, imo, completely useless if you're looking for a real handheld 3D gaming experience, especially resource-intensive racing games.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
My goose is cooked dude. anyway I want you to try this and give me a feedback if you can

Oct 28, 2010
I'm writing this on my m701, I play grandpix and its great full gsensor and graphics are awesome.. I love it so much I bought another one I haven't touched gmail laptop for 3 days now and don't miss it its awesome i was gonna buy an ipad, but I carry this baby in my pocket, installed logmein, wow unbelievable, I did install pacman and it didn't work so its probably some setting but I love this thing u just have to get used to it

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I play grandpix and its great full gsensor and graphics are awesome..

Ok, I installed Grand Prix Racing Live free version and it runs very well on my tablet. I should note, though, it was developed for Android 1.0 devices, which have lower specs than a 2.1 tablet does, so it would be surprising if it didn't run well. The reversed axis of my g-sensor, though, initially makes it little difficult to drive the car - until I started thinking of it as "steering the world" rather than the car. I also had to dial the sensitivity of the g-sensor way down to make it playable. Once I got used to it, though, I could get around the track without too many crashes into the walls.

So maybe the trick with these tablets is to look for games that were designed to run on earlier versions of Android since those devices had lower specs, and avoid any games that say they're designed for "high end" devices?

shan4djfun

Sep 4, 2010
Ok, I installed Grand Prix Racing Live free version and it runs very well on my tablet. I should note, though, it was developed for Android 1.0 devices, which have lower specs than a 2.1 tablet does, so it would be surprising if it didn't run well. The reversed axis of my g-sensor, though, initially makes it little difficult to drive the car - until I started thinking of it as "steering the world" rather than the car. I also had to dial the sensitivity of the g-sensor way down to make it playable. Once I got used to it, though, I could get around the track without too many crashes into the walls.

So maybe the trick with these tablets is to look for games that were designed to run on earlier versions of Android since those devices had lower specs, and avoid any games that say they're designed for "high end" devices?

guys just got a video of the 10" version of M701-R (the 1 Ibrought M1001) playing Raging thunder on froyo 2.2beta. Check it out, Thanks offWorld, Your running on 2.1 isn't it?