32 GB Micro SD

dundroid

Dec 5, 2010
Hi from Canada,
I bought a low end Android tablet (Generec MID 7" + Camera 256 RAM)
got it rooted, happy with how it does what I bought it for (reader/internet tablet) and a bit of getting to know android OS before I buy a new phone.

I was wondering if a 32 GB micro SD would be a good idea on this device.

thanks alot

Dundroid

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
if you are just using it for a reader/internet tablet, it might be a bit over kill. 16 might even be too much but it all depends on how you plan to use it

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
Well do you plan to watch alot of movies on the tablet. You can get away with a 2gb card for normal usage users need large cards if they plan to download ebooks or watch movies

dundroid

Dec 5, 2010
the device might die before I have used all the memory, but I have many other devices that uses Micro SD, so I am not worried about my investment,
But what I really need to know if the low end devices handles large memory cards without issues

thanks again for the reply

dundroid

Dec 5, 2010
I use reference books. so I do not know when will I need which, so I want to have them all in one place, and maybe couple of movies for the road

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
I use reference books. so I do not know when will I need which, so I want to have them all in one place, and maybe couple of movies for the road
PLEASE whatever you decide, just do NOT buy a 32GB from any of the Chinese online shops selling for $25-30, like I did and found they are just BOGUS. Anyway I found that even on a just 8GB card I could download 15 ebooks in ALDIKO !

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
if you can use it in other devices go for it. Most of the tablets can handle 32 gb

dundroid

Dec 5, 2010
PLEASE whatever you decide, just do NOT buy a 32GB from any of the Chinese online shops selling for $25-30, like I did and found they are just BOGUS. Anyway I found that even on a just 8GB card I could download 15 ebooks in ALDIKO !

yep this is why I paid Amazon more than 100 bucks, thanks it is a good advice, many people fell for that scam.