3G dongles list for use with ICS on Sumvision Cyclone Astro?

Wammers

Apr 18, 2012
Hi,

I have tried to use my Huawei E122 dongle (on three.co.uk) with my Sumvision Cyclone Astro, but it won't connect. The tablet came with Gingerbread, but I upgraded it to ICS. I understand that the Huawei E1750 works with Gingerbread on this tablet (which is a version of the Scroll Excel(?)) but does anyone know if the E1750 works with ICS on this tablet, please? If it doesn't, does anyone know of a dongle that does work with it, before I shell out any more of my hard-earned cash?

Thanks,
Wammers

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi,

I have tried to use my Huawei E122 dongle (on three.co.uk) with my Sumvision Cyclone Astro, but it won't connect. The tablet came with Gingerbread, but I upgraded it to ICS. I understand that the Huawei E1750 works with Gingerbread on this tablet (which is a version of the Scroll Excel(?)) but does anyone know if the E1750 works with ICS on this tablet, please? If it doesn't, does anyone know of a dongle that does work with it, before I shell out any more of my hard-earned cash?

Thanks,
Wammers

Very few 3G dongles work with Android, though there are a few. I have a link below regarding communicating with no WiFi that has a few tips that may help.

Wammers

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks. I now have a working setup with 3G on a Huawei E220 dongle....trouble is, the wifi no longer works! I guess that the dongle software has somehow overridden the wifi settings. I have tried to connect to my wifi router after rebooting (turning the tablet off then on) to no avail. I need to be able to connect via 3G at work and when out and about, but I also need to be able to connect via wifi when I am at home.

Wammers

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks. I now have a working setup with 3G on a Huawei E220 dongle....trouble is, the wifi no longer works! I guess that the dongle software has somehow overridden the wifi settings. I have tried to connect to my wifi router after rebooting (turning the tablet off then on) to no avail. I need to be able to connect via 3G at work and when out and about, but I also need to be able to connect via wifi when I am at home.