3G Modem Connectivity

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Is it possible to connect a 3G wireless modem to the S7 Slim? It looks like it would certainly add that 'phone' type data access from wherever you are, so you could do things like navigate using the Google Maps app, or check weather and traffic conditions using apps like CoPilot
(Yes, I'm using that :)

I'm think I'm a little un-informed about the wireless modems. Can I assume it works something like a cell phone, with the same kind of wireless connection? How do you usually pay for the data service? Is it like a cell phone contract or pay-per-use (You have to buy minutes?) If I did get a wireless modem, I would probably only use it during the summer months for travel, so a long-term contract isn't appropriate for me.

Last edited:

adrian001

Dec 9, 2012
Is it possible to connect a 3G wireless modem to the S7 Slim? It looks like it would certainly add that 'phone' type data access from wherever you are, so you could do things like navigate using the Google Maps app, or check weather and traffic conditions using apps like CoPilot (Yes, I'm using that :) )

I'm think I'm a little un-informed about the wireless modems. Can I assume it works something like a cell phone, with the same kind of wireless connection? How do you usually pay for the data service? Is it like a cell phone contract or pay-per-use (You have to buy minutes?) If I did get a wireless modem, I would probably only use it during the summer months for travel, so a long-term contract isn't appropriate for me.

im using Copilot too.
which model you have from S7 slim?
ifr you have the one with the simcard, then just get some airtime and choose an good data bundle.
if you dont have 3g , i saw recently on you tube an android application that lets you connect external sticks trough mini usb port from the s7.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Mine is a 201 W. The device has a SIM card "slot", but it is stuffed and apparently is not able to accept a SIM card. that is why I am interested in the external 3G stick. Can you offer a link to the video?

Last edited: