4G 512M 7" Inch Android 2.2 Touchscreen Tablet - Now has Error wmtlauncher ??? help

officer154

Dec 13, 2011
I just bought this tablet from a Chinese Seller on Ebay. It was working fine when I was using it for like 5 minutes. I hooked the wifi to my internet connection, everything seemed good to go, then suddenly and Error popped up and said... "The application wmtLauncher (process.com.wmt.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly, Please try again" so... I click the button that say FORCE CLOSE and its starts to reload the screen and then the same error pops up again, so I force close it, and then again, it tries to reload and it pops up again, so you get the picture. So anyways I contact the seller and he says the firmware may need to be uploaded, but I can't get passed the screen that keeps force closing, so then seller says, try to reset the tablet. Well I don't know how to reset the tablet and the seller has not returned my messages so I can at least try to reset it, otherwise I have a useless tablet for my child's christmas gift, what great a mom he is going to say. Can anyone help me, please????
$tablet error message.jpg

So I started reading other posts all over the net, and here's the solution, Wmt.launcher is the Weather information APP that is pre-installed on your tablet. obviously it's a piece of crap. I finally was able to force my way past it by repeatedly pressing the 'FORCE STOP' button and immediately pressing on the 'SETTINGS" button up top right corner on menu bar, Not sure what your ICON is but mine was a set of gears. This took me into the settings menu but still posted the "wmtLauncher' error again. Once I pressed the FORCE STOP button again it stopped giving me the message and I was able to go into the 'APPLICATION MANAGEMENT" function and uninstall it all together, and it stopped the problem. Look for the Weather APP. hopefully this will help you as well.

Last edited:

jroozenburg

Feb 14, 2012
click in the left corner, house icon, click task manager,click all ,click wmt launcher, click clear data thats all

leprof001

Aug 2, 2012
Hi
I've the same machin, but i cannot sent sms nor consult my count's balance, what is happenning?
Can you help me?
Thank you

chanjiamin

Sep 8, 2012
Mine is different, I clicked n the home button and it appear running task only. I tried clicking but the same message as the picture above appears again.