5.0 ghz question

fractureZZ

Apr 30, 2011
was wondering if anybody on here know how to activate the wireless N band on the bestbuy s7.
I've edited the nmode in the hex to ----- no luck :( any ideas?

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
Did not know that 802.11N was available on the Huawei S7-104 BB
Is this for the S7 Slim?
The additional speed would be nice, As my home wireless is N!

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
was wondering if anybody on here know how to activate the wireless N band on the bestbuy s7.
I've edited the nmode in the hex to ----- no luck :( any ideas?

i think this topic is at least confusing N and 5.0 Ghz is two different beasts the Ideos s7 wifi is not dual band so no 5.0 Ghz afaik
however it is N

rictec

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
xda-developers - View Single Post - Broadcom BCM4329 2.4ghz or dual band 2.4 + 5ghz?

Didn't bother to check out the spec yet, but this is probably your answer here:
According to the BCM4329 product brief there are 2 models: BCM4329G which is only b/g/n (2.4GHz only) and BCM4329H which is a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz). Even if the Evo had the BCM4329H it would need to have the appropriate accompanying antenna circuitry to be of any use, so it's a long shot that they would have put this in and not enabled/advertised 802.11a, but it's certainly possible. Anyone want to crack open their Evo and tell us what's silkscreened on the chip?

The product brief also indicates that the BCM4329 has an integrated FM receiver/transmitter which share a common antenna. Assuming that this is what the Evo uses for it's FM receiver, it seems that it might be possible to enable the FM transmitter as well (of course headphones would have to be plugged in to act as an antenna). Anyone interested in trying that out?

fractureZZ

Apr 30, 2011
my appoligies I ment N band but im a little frustrated its advertized and doesn't work, Anyhow i tryed to inact the N band patch from the evo with the whole nmode to ----- but still have yet to find my N band

Entropy

Dec 24, 2010
my appoligies I ment N band but im a little frustrated its advertized and doesn't work, Anyhow i tryed to inact the N band patch from the evo with the whole nmode to ----- but still have yet to find my N band
The Huawei is not advertised anywhere as having 5.0 GHz support. It's listed as b/g/n and not a/b/g/n, which means only 2.4 GHz.

A device can be 802.11n compliant without supporting the 5 GHz band. 90% of 802.11n devices fall into this category (b/g/n only).

vatomalo

Aug 28, 2011
ive been trying to open the s7 and by looking around ive found a round rubber piece that has a 5gz connecor on the back? if you could get a broken laptop theres some antennas inside the screen thats probably connected next to the ram, but im not sure if it has to be a 5gz antenna?

dont quote me on any of this since im not sure, some of it i learnt from the taking apart the s7 thread, but i havent been able to open it!

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
my appoligies I ment N band but im a little frustrated its advertized and doesn't work, Anyhow i tryed to inact the N band ...
There is no such thing as an "N band." The 802.11n protocol will work on either 2.4GHz or 5GHz.

I think the confusion arises from the fact that 802.11b and 802.11g were 2.4GHz-only protocols, and 802.11a was a 5GHz-only protocol, so the former (wireless-B and wireless-G) always implied the 2.4GHz band and the latter, the 5GHz band. The same is not true of 802.11n.

Jim