5 Apps to Help Manage Your Health

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Let’s face it; there really isn’t much that your smartphone can’t handle for you these days. From simple tasks such as sending emails and texts to scheduling appointments, to shopping with one-click, and so much more.
With most people wanting to be more health conscious, whether by choice or necessity, there are a host of mobile apps to help with weight loss to glucose monitoring and more. Below are some of our favorite 5 health apps that make staying healthy just a little easier.

iTriage

I was once yelled at by my doctor and told to stop Googling my symptoms whenever I’m sick or not feeling well. But, I’m sorry, that will never be the case, it is simply too tempting. This app answers the two most basic medical questions: “What could be wrong?” and “Where should I go for treatment?” But it’s so much more – find medications, look up symptoms and more.
Free. App is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Also with Android phone and tablet.

Lose it

Nearly everyone I know is trying to lose a few pounds, myself included. The Lose It! App helps set goals, a daily calorie budget while also helping you to keep track and record your food intake and exercise among other functions.
Free. App is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

iChemoDiary

We hope this isn’t something you ever need, but if you are faced with chemo treatments, this app can help streamline and record your chemotherapy schedule, treatments and some select symptoms such as nausea and vomiting and more.

Glucose Buddy App

Graphs, logbook, A1C calculator, doctor printout and more make this app a diabetics’ best friend. “Simple Time” reminders are functional alarms even when Glucose Buddy is closed.

Fooducate

This app works well in conjunction with the LoseIt app. It has a database of more than 200,000 foods and growing. A couple of our favorite app features include nutrition grades and the pros and cons of specific foods. You might be horrified to find out just how bad some of your favorite foods are and you probably didn’t even know it. There’s also an app, Diabetes by Fooducate.

Free. App is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Also with Android phone and tablet.

A good majority of cell phone plans are unlimited and most people are addicted to their smart phones and mobile devices creating a win/win situation in terms of health monitoring if you take the time to download the right apps.
A quick glance at the App Store and you are sure to find what you are need from BMI Calculator to Atkins Carb Counter and much more. The honest truth is – you don’t have an excuse not to put your health first when you can easily do so by using your cellphone with minimum effort, while on the go or at your desk.

==== About the Author ====
Ann Fleming is a freelance writer for andgeeks.com and bbgeeks.com. She has a knack for clarifying the more complex side of technology and how to use it for the average person. When she’s not obsessed with the newest gadget, Ann is chasing her young son around the house or hiking nearby Camelback Peak.

annaharris

Aug 28, 2012
I want to suggest you some useful health android apps.
Eprocrates Rx
First Aid
Instant Heart Rate