64 gb external sd card not showing up

Lonnie Hensley

Mar 2, 2015
i just joined this forum in hopes of learning new things and getting a problem solved , I have a nextbook 8 with android 4.2 jelly bean . 8gb internal storage and micro sd card slot expandable up to 64 gb . i have used a samsung evo64 gb micro sd card and also a sandisk ultra 64 gb and when they are mounted it doesn't show up even after in the storage area (in settings) i push the sd card / mount storage . all i have on the 64 gb card is music videos from youtube . i can put in a 32 gb sd card with same stuff and it will show up on the external sd card showing how much and i can go in to external sd file system and all the video songs are their . i want to solve this problem as i want to have 64 gb space available like it says a person can do . i have tried reformatting the micro sd card from ntsf to exfat32 and back , makes no difference . i have also tried resetting my tablet to factory settings .
could this be a bad tablet not allowing 64 gb micro sd cards ? i have it under warrantee .

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
64GB cards generally come formatted using the exFAT file system. Your tablet may not support exFAT, in which case you want to reformat the cards, using Windows, to work with the FAT32 file system.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I just did some research on your tablet and everything I read says support for microSD up to 32GB, That came from specs on both Amazon and Newegg. That doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't work with a 64GB card but it is not in the specs I found.

electroman

Mar 6, 2015
64GB cards generally come formatted using the exFAT file system. Your tablet may not support exFAT, in which case you want to reformat the cards, using Windows, to work with the FAT32 file system.
Yes I also check the manual and the unit only works with a 32 gig