7" MID Tablet Android 1,6 / 2.0 - Update to 2.1 - Here is a link from a ebay-seller

Jan 15, 2011
Hello Friends,

i have a 7" MID Tablet and a lot of trouble with this item.

I have written a message about a unknown version of android on my tablet. It was on ebay with discription 2.0 and all apps notice of a 1,6 Version.

Seller has send a link for a android Version 2.1!

Feel free for a test. (I don't know how i can make this and i don't know how it works!)

http://share.coomao.com/7inch_ebook_2.1_en.rar

(ca. 70MB file - ebays seller name: asura_athena - ebay Part No:300508878149

This is a description of this item:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VIA WM8505+ 533MHZ

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Google Android 2.0

If i turn on this tablet i have a Information of WMT2.1.2_105

[/FONT]
LCD
Size
7" TFT LCD​
Resolution
800x480​
Touch Screen
Full Size,High Sensitive Touch Operation​
SYSTEM MEMORY
Spec
256MB Memory​
STORAGE DEVICE
Type
Nand Flash​
Capacity
2GB​
Camera
Pixel
1.3Mega​
AUDIO
Output
Device
Built-in Stereo speakers​
Input Device
Built-in Microphone​
COMMUNICATION
LAN
External Fast 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Adapter​
WLAN
Built-in 802.11b/g WLAN Card​
SUPPLEMENTAL DRIVE
Card Reader
TF/MMC Card slot X 1​
I/O PORT
USB
USB2.0 X 2​
Audio Port
Headphone X 1​
AC ADAPTOR
AC Power Adaptor
100V Input, 9V DC Output, 2A​
BATTERY
Battery Pack
2400 mAH Batteries​
PHYSICAL SPEC
Dimension
19.9*12.8*0.8-1.4cm​
Weight
0.37KG​
OTHER
G Sensor
Yes​
Color
Black,Black&silver​
Languages
Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian , Lithuanian, Norwegian, Poland, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified)​
Software
Fring,QQ,MSN,Youtube,Google Map,Document to go,Multimedia Player,Email,Es File Explore,Application Store​
Accessory
AC Adapter,User Manual,External RJ45/USB Pot,Packing Box​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have a similar Tablet, feel free to answer after your Software-Test or other Questions. I will answer so soon i can.

PS:
Sorry for my bad english.

Best Regards for all people in this forum.

PS II: Admin, if i have a wrong category feel free to move this post in the right one.
Thanks.

[/FONT]

danwguy

Jan 20, 2011
This sounds exactly like my tablet, I have that exact same letter/number sequence when I turn mine on. I recently contacted the manufacturer of it and they sent me a 1.6 system dump with all the drivers adn everything so I could reload the OS. I will try out this 2.0 and see if it takes since I can always just reload the 1.6 if anything fails. I'll let you know if it takes, also let me know if you have any use for the full system dump for 1.6

danwguy

Jan 20, 2011
Extract the folder inside that .rar thats called script. put that script folder on the root of your SD card. Turn off your tablet, insert SD card into tablet, turn on tablet, it will see the folder called script and run the install from there. it works btw, just tested it on my tablet and it works great. good find and thank you!!

ado82dh

Jan 20, 2011
Hey Danwguy,

can you give me the original rom 1.6 i'm looking for it but i can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

ado82dh

Jan 20, 2011
Thanks a lot for the Rom. But i get a error, maybe you can help me with,

--> Mount Kernel Partition Fail! Exit!

I als get it with the Rom Above. the 2.1 update wone.

huyckf

Jan 21, 2011
Danwguy, can you explain this process more indepth. I have downloaded the .rar but what do I use to open the file and extract the scripts folder from the file.

Jan 15, 2011
Hi there,
I have a lot of problems to understand your descriptions for upgrade my tablet.
Google Translate is not helpful. (test it: write a text in engl. - translate to german - put translatet text into box and translate to engl. - you get 2 diff. posts.)

@danwguy - Have you testet my uploaded file? It's really a 2.1? Works? Nice. What's the difference to the original OS?

Ok.
Can i use a 2GB SD-Card or it's not enough?

I have this file and unpacked this files in a new folder named "upgrade". I drop all folders on a micro-SD-Card (without "upgrade-root") . And now?
How i go forward?
What is to do?

Last edited:

danwguy

Jan 20, 2011
Use winrar you can get it for free at rarlabs.com to extract the script folder inside the rar. put the script folder and all of it's contents on the root of your SD card, in other words do not put it inside a folder, then turn off your tablet, insert the SD card, and turn on the tablet. As for the error you are getting, that is normal, the first time you flash any ROM to the tablet it will fail at some point, turn off the tablet and turn it back on with the SD card in it and it will go completely through this time, it takes 2 times to successfully flash the ROM. The ROM that was posted first in this thread is not 2.1, it is 1.6 made to look like 2.1, it is pretty much the exact same as my ROM only it has some graphic tweaks, and the drivers don't work as well. I had it running but it was constantly freezing up and when you press the menu button inside an app it crashed the app. I would not use that ROM, use the one I posted if you want to run stock ROM or go to Log in and download one of those ROMS if you want a custom ROM. Anymore questions feel free to ask, if I missed someone's question I am sorry just repost your question and I will come back and answer it. Happy flashing.

danwguy

Jan 20, 2011
Hi there,
I have a lot of problems to understand your descriptions for upgrade my tablet.
Google Translate is not helpful. (test it: write a text in engl. - translate to german - put translatet text into box and translate to engl. - you get 2 diff. posts.)

@danwguy - Have you testet my uploaded file? It's really a 2.1? Works? Nice. What's the difference to the original OS?

Ok.
Can i use a 2GB SD-Card or it's not enough?

I have this file and unpacked this files in a new folder named "upgrade". I drop all folders on a micro-SD-Card (without "upgrade-root") . And now?
How i go forward?
What is to do?

It cannot be in a folder called upgrade. inside the rar I posted is a folder called script, put that folder on the SD card and you will be fine. Do not leave out any part of that file or you could possibly brick your device, or at the very least get an unsuccessfull flash. just extract that rar, grab the folder called script and put it on the SD card.

here is my best chance of a translation, sorry if it's not perfect...
Es kann nicht in einem benannten Faltblatt sein Aufsteigen. innerhalb des rar, den ich bekannt gab, ist ein Faltblatt, das den Index genannt wird, gesetzt, dass Faltblatt auf der Sd-Karte und -c$ihnen fein ist. Lassen Sie kein Teil dieser Akte aus, oder Sie konnten vielleicht Ziegelstein Ihre Vorrichtung oder am allerwenigsten einen erfolglosen Blitz zu erhalten. einfach extrahieren Sie diesen rar, ergreifen Sie das Faltblatt, das Index genannt wird und setzen Sie es auf die Sd-Karte.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2011
I will test it, if my son will give me my tablet back again. It's friday night now in Germany.
Thank you for this lesson, but if i can risk of trouble with my tablet and have a risk to destroy it, i don't think about this upgrade.
Eventually i will make a test tomorrow. It was a test for work on my job with a tablet. Biggest problem is a connection to official android market and gmail will not working on this tablet. Also with a identic .apk can i run gmail. It's possible for a pre test with marketplace and gmail?

I know that Android 1.9 is not a official version of android and only used by chinese developers. But i don't know all differents of Android 2.0 (or this version WMT2.1.2_105) and 2.1
Have a good night / day
Oliver

danwguy

Jan 20, 2011
The chances of actually bricking the device are very small. I wouldn't worry too much about it, if you follow the instructions you will be fine. As far as gmail, yes you can just grab any apk for gmail and install it and it will work fine. The market though, I think you need to install the custom ROM. Good luck, and let me know if you have any problems. Have a great weekend if not.

danwguy

Jan 20, 2011
I have the apk for the google apps which I am pretty sure includes the google market and gmail, if you want me to post them let me know.

hzyte

Jan 21, 2011
please create a step by step instructions to upgrade from 1.6 to 2.1 (if possible)
i have the same specs as the first post in this thread and please post the links on
the needed files to do the upgrade so i can download them thank you.