7" RK2818 with glowing trackball

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
so first of all thank you to everyone that has helped me thus far. There is such a wealth of knowledge on these forums and I have tried to gain as much as possible before making a decision on what to buy.

I am curious if anyone has any experience with this tablet? It is the closest I have found to having everything I am looking for (with the archos 101 being the only tablet I have found that has everything I am looking for).

this is all I could find for it

Apad 710 Rockchip 660MHz android 2.1 4GB trackball HDMI 720p+FREE HDMI CABLE

Last edited by a moderator:

ovenwu

Nov 8, 2010
I had found this Tablet in Shenzhen Tablet PC market,But seems this MID sell not very good !

kaven

Oct 8, 2010
Compare with the A8, this one can't be a good seller, but it's already worth for the money, if you really want to buy a worthful one, i would suggest you to buy one with android 2.2 OS, Best seller for android 2.2 on the market will undoubtedly be the apad 8 inch, maybe the 10.2 inch will more popular than the A8, but it's temporarily unavailable among the market.:cool:
here recommend you a good seller: ecargoonline.com, you will get a free 4GB TF card there.:p

Tomahawk

Dec 13, 2010
Hey all, i've seen the wopad dual core with a webcam off ********** here is where i saw it: http://www.**********/wopad-7-inch-...k2818/p-ff8080812c1b2190012c1bb63d642370.html

I've also seen in one review that they say it's upgradeable to 2.2, and also for the 2.3 gingerbread.

Can anybody confirm having successfully upgraded to 2.2 with the wopad?

Cheers, and Merry Christmas. Ryan in Calgary.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
That's a different one. I have moved this to a different thread.

The one you show has a resistive touchscreen

Another typical RK2818 660Mhz, 720p support, 256MB, 7" 800x480 screen, resistive

4gpcal.jpg

43ukIl.jpg

(from buyadroid)

Last edited:

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
I had bought that one but off of ebay. If you watch the merimobiles video review you will see it is very responsive almost like a capactive screen and that was the main reason why I bought it.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
I will do a review once it comes in so you can get an idea

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Sure. I might have the add a RK2818 subforum if it is that much better than the RK2808. I am secretly hoping that it would be.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
when are you expecting it to arrive mgr52... and just curious how much did you pay for it off ebay?

well I paid $167.39 and that was free delivery. I am expecting it this week. This was the best price I could find anywhere and I went with ebay for 3 reasons: 1. ebay bucks+ big crumbs= cash back around $6 back automatically, 2. if anything goes bad I can leave negative feedback, and 3. I can always file a paypal claim.

It didn't come with an HDMI cord but that wasn't a big deal since I bought one from a US seller for $4 shipped. It came within days. I also bought an SD 8gb card off ebay from a US seller for $10 shipped. So it wasn't a bad deal.

johnzo

Dec 12, 2010
well I paid $167.39 and that was free delivery. I am expecting it this week. This was the best price I could find anywhere and I went with ebay for 3 reasons: 1. ebay bucks+ big crumbs= cash back around $6 back automatically, 2. if anything goes bad I can leave negative feedback, and 3. I can always file a paypal claim.

It didn't come with an HDMI cord but that wasn't a big deal since I bought one from a US seller for $4 shipped. It came within days. I also bought an SD 8gb card off ebay from a US seller for $10 shipped. So it wasn't a bad deal.

so how did you go with this? did it arrive? quite looking forward to a mini review :)

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
It did arrive and so far I am pretty happy.

I really like the trackball feature. I haven't had a chance to access the android market or internet yet but it runs pretty smoothly the video playback quality isn't bad at all and it is pretty responsive to the touch of my finger

johnzo

Dec 12, 2010
oh good stuff! yeh one of the main reasons why i'm considering this is because of the trackball.

would it be too much trouble to ask for a write-up of pros and cons? :D