7022 Google contacts sync question

syztematik

Jul 7, 2011
I was just wondering if anyone has been able to get contacts to sync to/from a Google account and, if so, how to go about it.

My 7022 currently:
- is rooted + has SU installed
- has successful Google Calendar sync
- has the stock contacts app working with no force close errors

My problem is:
- when I go into the menu -> accounts for the contacts app and click "Add account" all I see is Skype and Corporate.
- When I click Skype, nothing happens.
- When I click Corporate, it prompts me for exchange info.

Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated. My goal here is to enable my e-mail apps to auto-populate my To, CC, etc fields with my contacts via a few characters rather than having to type out a whole e-mail address or pull out my phone to look up one I can't remember offhand.

Thanks!

syztematik

Jul 7, 2011
UPDATE: I still have been unable to successfully get contacts on the 7022 period and I've tried several things. Here is what I have tried:

- Installed Go Contacts, imported V-card file that was exported directly from my GMail account. Seemed to import fine but was still unable to view any contacts at all.
- Tried import function in the stock contacts app, getting a force close "...acore" error.
- Installed Synker, Google contacts does not show up in accounts.
- Tried three different versions of the "googlecontactssyncadapter.apk" which I drag/dropped to the system/app folder with root explorer, set permissions as rw-r--r--. Tried installing each, "Application not installed.".

I refuse to believe that this unit will simply NOT allow any sort of contacts to be stored or synced because that's absurd but I'm getting pretty frustrated so any help or insight I could get from you veteran Android people would be amazing. I can't be the only one out there having this problem can I?

Classpro

Jul 26, 2011
Can you tell us how you got calendar to sync and what files you used? Others seem to be having trouble with calendar as well as contacts. You might also check permissions - here is some information from another forum dealing with another tablet:

"mount as r/w, then long press on each file (the .apk and the .odex files), and then select permissions. Make sure to check read for user,group,others and write for user, everything else should be unchecked. If not, change and press ok. After that, reboot the phone, and the app should work."

I hope we find a solution for this.

BrianRosentha

Aug 9, 2011
Same problem here. Just installed the "old" market, and while GMail syncs fine, no Calendar, Contacts or Docs.

-Brian

Jul 18, 2011
I use GoContacts. I synced my facebook contacts, then edited the contact information on each of these contacts to my real contacts(including photo). Contacts now allows me to email from within app, and the mail app imports my contact info when sending mail. Useable.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

bzegil

Jul 16, 2011
Yes, let us know how you got calendar to sync, I along with a lot of people on these forums are trying to get calendar to sync with no luck.

Jul 18, 2011
For contacts-In the Quick Settings app choose the "auto-sync data" setting from Customize option in the menu. This will take you to sync options on tablet,it will let you choose which apps to sync- gmail,facebook,twitter etc.
For calendar, because I'm not rooted I use Cosi.It syncs with iphone,ipad,itouch etc.

Last edited:

BrianRosentha

Aug 9, 2011
Still no go.

My Google email account is there, but when I press it, I only see a check box for Sync Gmail. On my phone I have options for Doc, Contacts, GMail, and Calendar.

You can also get to this menu without Quick Settings, by clicking Gmail/Menu/Accounts/Menu and clicking your gmail account.

-Brian

BrianRosentha

Aug 9, 2011
I think we are missing these files:

GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk

But I haven't found any that will install.

-Brian

bzegil

Jul 16, 2011
I think we are missing these files:

GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk

But I haven't found any that will install.

-Brian

I agree, every version of those two files that I have tried so far does not install. I am also thinking that those two files are the problem.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I agree, every version of those two files that I have tried so far does not install. I am also thinking that those two files are the problem.

Did you guys try signing those apk with zip signer 2 with key/mode set to platform?

Sleehrat00

Aug 31, 2011
tickbricker - that was THE solution. Used the program you referenced, copied the newly signed zip file into the \system\apps folder, and using Quick Settings, accessed the Accounts tab, selected my gmail account and selected contacts sync! Its working perfectly!!!

mike85nelson

Aug 24, 2011
tickbricker - that was THE solution. Used the program you referenced, copied the newly signed zip file into the \system\apps folder, and using Quick Settings, accessed the Accounts tab, selected my gmail account and selected contacts sync! Its working perfectly!!!

Can you upload the files please?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Someone upload the googlecontacts apk that works with the tablet. You can use the attachment ability on the forum

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Someone upload the googlecontacts apk that works with the tablet. You can use the attachment ability on the forum
Here is the contacts and calender sync apk. Thanks actually goes to Daprospecta for showing me this method.

Attachments

• $Google Sync.zip
    230.1 KB · Views: 1,354